Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

The Nhur Athemon Sequence

Bringslite
Bob
Bringslite
NightmareSr
Thanks Bob just trying to be prepared. And you did say there will be more prizes than just the grand prize right?
I'll try to be patient smile
Would be great if there were some prizes that a single person settlement could earn. There are more than a few of those ABOOT the map now.

We plan on having a mix so everyone can have a meaningful goal.

Excellent! Thank You! smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
The build on Zog is doing well so far, and looks like a solid Final Candidate for EE 16.1. The biggest thing in this build is the ability to run escalation sequences for our upcoming event, along with the new escalation at the end of our first sequence, which will remain out of view for now. It also has a few nice improvements you may want to take a look at before it gets deployed to Live, which we're planning to do tomorrow during Daily Maintenance. I'll put up some actual Preliminary Release Notes soon, but here are some of the highlights:

• Ranged ninjas.
  • The initial attacks for all mobs now have a range at least as high as their other attacks.
  • Mobs take Line of Sight into account when considering switching targets.
  • Mobs have individually set leash ranges, generally based on their range, and will decrease their leash range as they take damage.
  • Nhur Athemon and the Atrophied Lich no longer stand still.
  • Output quantity is once again displayed properly on the Crafting Window.
  • Regeneration buffs, such as Righteousness, once again provide their full regeneration bonus.
Garric Orcsbane
Some of these look downright nasty, especially the change in leashing. Time for some tactics changes. I like it.

Garric
Schedim
As I mostly soend my time with running away from stuff I'm happy smile
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
BlackMoria
I am trying to understand the AI changes and I am not sure I am getting it.

"Ranged Ninjas" - understood

"The initial attacks for all mobs now have a range at least as high as their other attacks." - Huh? What does this mean?

"Mobs take Line of Sight into account when considering switching targets." - understood

"Mobs have individually set leash ranges, generally based on their range, and will decrease their leash range as they take damage." - so does this mean the 30 foot range mobs have a longer lease range than the 20 foot range mobs, which leaves the melee mobs sticking close to their spawn point?

"Nhur Athemon and the Atrophied Lich no longer stand still." - understood
Bob
BlackMoria
"The initial attacks for all mobs now have a range at least as high as their other attacks." - Huh? What does this mean?

When you first trigger a mob, they start off trying to do what we refer to as their initial attack, and they'll keep trying to do that attack until they manage to hit a target with it. If that initial attack is a melee attack, that means they'll keep trying to get into melee range until they manage to hit someone. If that mob was really intended as a ranged attacker, that means they won't start doing their ranged attacks until they manage to first get into melee range. In theory that can give those mobs some interesting combat flavor, but currently it can often mean they never manage to play their ranged role in mixed combat. Until we can revisit things and make some of these behaviors a bit more complex (give the mobs the ability to charge into melee range, have them get frustrated and switch to their longer-ranged attacks), I've changed it so that all mobs can fire off their initial attacks from at least as far away as the primary and secondary attacks they switch to after firing off the initial attack.

BlackMoria
"Mobs have individually set leash ranges, generally based on their range, and will decrease their leash range as they take damage." - so does this mean the 30 foot range mobs have a longer lease range than the 20 foot range mobs, which leaves the melee mobs sticking close to their spawn point?

Reverse that. By "based on their range", I probably should have said more like "influenced by their range" or something like that. In general, the maximum leash range for a mob can be thought of as X - AttackRange. There are some exceptions, but the overall goal is to keep all the mobs that can attack together out as a group.
Bob
I just added the rules for this to the original post, and things will be kicking off tomorrow (Thursday) morning shortly after Daily Maintenance (so around 10 AM Pacific). I'm still open to switching the assigned hexes around for any settlement that prefers another unassigned hex, or can find someone willing to make a trade. I'll actually be willing to make changes even after things start up, though the sooner a request is made, the sooner you'll be able to start working on your preferred hex.
MidknightDiamond
Damn… I'd been hoping for Friday start since that's when our vacation starts. Ah well - we'll just have to jump in when we can.
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum
Fiesta
The low level escalations will take some time. Yoi will be there for the good stuff. smile
Bob
Goblins! Goblins everywhere! And from the Emerald Spire, a worrying, almost physical sense that this is only the beginning.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post