Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

EE 16.1 Preliminary Release Notes

Edam
Smitty
was somewhat expecting ustilav legends to stun more than once a combat ..
elemental s to fling you more often than just their opening move…
mordants and casters not to wait till they do a specific thing before trying their range attacks..

Generally most PVE mobs have the same sequence of attacks - and knowing those as a range rogue can make most PvE easy
Was kind of hoping some of that got addressed - guess will have to see..

Whilst it would make the low T2 stuff more fun for T3 characters who shrug off stuns etc, I think we need to bear in mind that most of these mobs are meant to be run by T2 characters and having prelates stun T2 characters multiple times a combat and earth elementals of all sizes repeatedly pulling T2 characters into the middle of mobs would kind of elevate these low T2 escalations to more like T3 in difficulty.

I do agree that T3 Elementals and Usties (primordials , legends etc) may be a different case.
Bringslite
But, but that is the reason that we have such a wide variety of tokens, potions, spells and enchantments! So that we can specialize our load-outs for dealing with the types of attacks and vulnerabilities the various mobs present in various encounter/escalations. Right?

I'm not advocating that mobs go to using their specials every other round, because that would be too far of an "over correct" direction. Also the character's cost to do these encounters could get too far into the "not worth the gear and expendables cost" to be affordable.

Something in between and random would add a great deal to the fighting. Just an opinion…
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Schedim
I'm totally with Brigs here, I hope and know that the new AI will be much more varied and have a random component in its decision tree!
Less formulaic combats and a tad bit more immersive loot system would certainly increase the attraction of the game in the short term. (The long term attraction is mostly in, I belive. What really needs work is the first impression IMHO).
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
You are a Troll
Schedim
I'm totally with Brigs here, I hope and know that the new AI will be much more varied and have a random component in its decision tree!
Less formulaic combats and a tad bit more immersive loot system would certainly increase the attraction of the game in the short term. (The long term attraction is mostly in, I belive. What really needs work is the first impression IMHO).

That's called PvP, which doesn't exist in the game at all right now. If all you are hoping for simply better and better PvE, then I think you are playing the wrong game. (though it is certainly possible its me that is playing the wrong game since most things tilt heavily toward discouraging PvP of any type, anywhere).

Lets see them put in threading next, shall we? Then maybe PvP will be more meaningful…oh yeah, and penalize those high Sec hexes which are everywhere, or at the very least make it so that you cannot make the hexes bordering a lion/castle hex High Sec. There are already shield hex roads leading many places - if you don't want PvP then run on them instead of across the wilderness.
Schedim
I'm not even reading your posts any longer, Troll. Just so you know why I won't even answer it, if it would happens to containg anything resembling an actual point … aside from general crying and whining.
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Bringslite
You are a Troll
Schedim

That's called PvP, which doesn't exist in the game at all right now. If all you are hoping for simply better and better PvE, then I think you are playing the wrong game. (though it is certainly possible its me that is playing the wrong game since most things tilt heavily toward discouraging PvP of any type, anywhere).

Lets see them put in threading next, shall we? Then maybe PvP will be more meaningful…oh yeah, and penalize those high Sec hexes which are everywhere, or at the very least make it so that you cannot make the hexes bordering a lion/castle hex High Sec. There are already shield hex roads leading many places - if you don't want PvP then run on them instead of across the wilderness.
Right. PVP is the real dynamic unpredictable combat. It just has too much toxicity tied to it to have completely "open" PVP a sustainable, long time survivable product on any MMORPG market.

I do recognize that neither you nor any here seems to be pushing for "completely open" PVP for this game. I'll also point out that
#1. The statement "That's called PvP, which doesn't exist in the game at all right now." is not correct and I think that you realize that. You probably also realize that it is a population problem more than anything.
#2. Completely agree that costs for "totally safe" zones should be looked into.
#3. Also I feel, as I think many do, that PfO is well on it's way to an overall PVP system that is unique and playable by a wider consensus of BOTH sides of the "open PVP" problem. The fact that both extreme sides of the question have problems with it but the middle is generally silent suggests progress.
#4. Totally agree that threading, looting, etc… is needed along with Paizo's timidity about player's having to "feel loss" is a bit exaggerated, except in the cases of whole settlements. That should be the Epitome of FAIL and should not be easy to get to.

Finally, and my main point: Nothing can or will work right without active population. PfO is supposed to be a great game for both meaningful PVP AND FOR PVE. Part of the audience wants better PVE. Probably much the larger part. Not to say that improvement in one direction FIRST would be most helpful, rather just pointing out that ALL improvement will be helpful
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
You are a Troll
Well said BL.
Bringslite
You are a Troll
Well said BL.

Time. Money. Patience. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post