Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Dropped connection

Bob
Very odd. To start off, send the most recent Client and Conn logs (right after triggering the bug) from your {UserDir}/Library/Logs/Goblinworks/Pathfinder/ to customer.support@pathfinderonline.com, hopefully there's something useful in there.

Second, here's a more complete list of places where you might have Pathfinder Online files, maybe clearing out more of them before doing a reinstall will make a difference:

/Application/Goblinworks
/Library/Application Support/Goblinworks
/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports (Pathfinder Online_* or Patcher_* files)
{UserDir}/Library/Preferences/unity.Goblinworks.Pathfinder Online.plist
{UserDir}/Library/Saved Application State/unity.Goblinworks.Pathfinder Online.savedState
{UserDir}/Library/Logs/Goblinworks
{UserDir}/Library/Caches/unity.Goblinworks.Pathfinder Online
{UserDir}/Library/Application Support/CrashReporter (Pathfinder Online_* or Patcher_* files)
Schedim
Oki! Now I'm in the error must have been in one of those additional files locations you listed, because this time the reinstall worked.

but is it possible to break up that first Texture.pig file in smaller chunk? the download failed near the end of that three times and had to restart the whole shebang…
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Bob
Schedim
Oki! Now I'm in the error must have been in one of those additional files locations you listed, because this time the reinstall worked.

but is it possible to break up that first Texture.pig file in smaller chunk? the download failed near the end of that three times and had to restart the whole shebang…

Glad that fixed things for you. We may at some point be able to make some changes to the mac install/patch process to prevent this, but for now it's good to know that this can help if someone else runs into similar problems.

We do also plan to look into improvements to the download process at some point, with texture.pig being the primary pain point that we need to deal with. Sadly, breaking that file into pieces, while it will possibly be part of any eventual solution, isn't a trivial change, so it would have to be scheduled in alongside everything else.
Flari-Merchant
Bob
Schedim

Glad that fixed things for you. We may at some point be able to make some changes to the mac install/patch process to prevent this, but for now it's good to know that this can help if someone else runs into similar problems.

We do also plan to look into improvements to the download process at some point, with texture.pig being the primary pain point that we need to deal with. Sadly, breaking that file into pieces, while it will possibly be part of any eventual solution, isn't a trivial change, so it would have to be scheduled in alongside everything else.
Keep at it Bob. That (.pig) is beast for Win too. I think we all realize this whole thing is a long term Monument! It's going to take time. The original descriptions still offer more intriguing player control and agency and fun playability than any upcoming stuff I have seen yet. smile
Edam
Bob

It may be more useful and possibly simpler to implement a download mechanic that verifies where you previously got too and then continues where you stopped after an interruption.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post