Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Escalation Quest Givers/Returners

Azure_Zero
Some of these escalation quests are a REAL pain to do, and a tweak to the quest spawning system should be looked at.

Quest critical NPCs (givers and returners) should be Force spawned first all the time, at least two of them, and at proper spacing, and by proper spacing I mean at least a quarter of the hex apart with maybe one always spawned next to the shrine for easy finding should they not spawn due to error.

I put this up as I am doing Nature's wrath "Bite the Hand that Feeds" quest and NO farmers spawned at ALL, I went all over the hex and none were found. I've notices this almost happening a few times during the escalation of escalation event.
Azure_Zero
Additional Note:

escalations quests with multiple parts should have a ratio system with a priority spawn system
Using Twisted Earth from Natures Wrath with a good ratio that'll fix it from being so annoying that people just ignore it;
(Clerics:3)X(Malberry:4)X(Ritual:2)
So for every 2 Ritual fires, their should be a min of 3 clerics, and 4 Malberries.
harneloot
I'll chime in here and add that it would be very much appreciated if something could be done about boss spawns. Often enough to be annoying, the boss escalation event spawns but you can't find him anywhere. Got to clear a large pad, or, even more annoyingly, got to whittle down the quest makers from the other quest that is still up before the boss will pop. Couldn't it be that once the boss spawns that he immediately takes over a large pad, regardless of what is already there? Nothing sucks the fun out of PVE as much as spending hours knocking down and escalation to the boss, only to have to wander around and around and not be able to find it.
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
Flari-Merchant
Agree. MANY times, after hours of getting there, a group is pushing the limits of RL endurance (for whatever reason up late, whatever) to finish an esc. Wouldn't be terrible if there was a small consideration of THE BOSS simply popping when it is eligible.
Bob
We do have a long-standing plan to let event encounters be much more aggressive about grabbing space for themselves, but it's not a trivial change. In particular, we don't want to just clear out encounters that players are in the middle of battling, or drop an event encounter right on top of said players, so we have to be careful about any changes to that system. It is one of those tasks that's been rising up our priority list, but it's not quite on the schedule yet.
Stilachio Thrax
I'll add my 2 cents- you should only have to talk to a quest giver once- then you have the full quest and can complete it without having to run back and forth a bunch on times after picking up a super small sample of doodads. In a perfect world, your highest class could possibly affect the quest. A good cleric shouldn't have to check in with a NPC cleric in order to bless graves, and any rogue worth his salt doesn't need a goblin's help to poison pickles.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Azure_Zero
Stilachio Thrax
I'll add my 2 cents- you should only have to talk to a quest giver once- then you have the full quest and can complete it without having to run back and forth a bunch on times after picking up a super small sample of doodads. In a perfect world, your highest class could possibly affect the quest. A good cleric shouldn't have to check in with a NPC cleric in order to bless graves, and any rogue worth his salt doesn't need a goblin's help to poison pickles.

I love that idea….
Schedim
Stilachio Thrax

I guess the quest will have a extensive makeover in general because they aren't that much to write home about in their current state. They are not so much quests as skirmish scenarios with some tacked on doodads and geegaws.

But I add a example of what I mean by a "real" quest structure (and a simple one). Frex the Escalation raid quest. The escalation decides there is time for an raid against a neighbouring Holding. A time frame before the raid starts (six hours, 12 hours? something like that) anyone that gets a loot drop (or finish an event) have a chance of getting a rumour about it, detailing the target and the time (perhaps you should need several pieces to get the full info).
Now the player can do several thing, such as sell the info to someone, or arrange a defence contract with the Holdings owner … or wait to the raid is over and attack the weakened Holding themselves, or ambushing the returning raiders and take their spoils. 8of course this means the raiding party has to be a bit more fleshed out than just spawn/despawn at the target).
This creates meaningful choices, with emergent consequences, and interactions both PvE and with PvP potentials.
Having the rumours chance of dropping connect to the skill level of Bluff (or whatever neglected skill) would be icing on the cake too.
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post