Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Log-in Problem

Balzar
I'm having an issue logging a character into the game this afternoon. I was on this morning prior to daily maintenance and had no issues, but this afternoon whenever I click on "Enter World" at the character log-on screen it dumps me back to the account log-on screen with a message that the "The server has dropped your connection; Invalid Operation". I have tried both my main character and my 1K alt character, reverified system files, and rebooted the computer, all without affect.

Balzar
Lisa Stevens
Balzar
I'm having an issue logging a character into the game this afternoon. I was on this morning prior to daily maintenance and had no issues, but this afternoon whenever I click on "Enter World" at the character log-on screen it dumps me back to the account log-on screen with a message that the "The server has dropped your connection; Invalid Operation". I have tried both my main character and my 1K alt character, reverified system files, and rebooted the computer, all without affect.

Balzar

My guess is that there might be a server issue with the hex those characters are in. Sometimes servers don't come up properly after daily maintenance. I assume all the characters you are having trouble with are in the same hex? It should fix itself during the next daily maintenance, but send Bob a customer service email to customer.support@goblinworks.com so he can check into it.

-Lisa
Balzar
Okay, I resolved the issue…

When I initially tried to log on I was having trouble entering my password; problem there turned out to be the CTRL key was "stuck", so I was entering ctrl+key instead of key. Evidently in the process of trying to enter my password I also "added" some characters, that I thought I deleted and which didn't show up on the screen, to the end of my user name. I managed to discovered this by looking at the user logs. Once I cleared and re-entered my user name I had access to the characters again.

Weird thing is that I could get into my account and see my characters and I was even able to add a third character, who worked fine, to the account with the expanded user name.

As an FYI, my characters were in 2 different hexes, Balzar was in Oak Knoll and the alt was in Thornkeep, which is why I thought it was an account issue instead of a server issue,

Balzar
Lisa Stevens
Glad you got that all cleared up!

-Lisa
Flari-Merchant
Can't count the times I had problems logging in because I had Caps-Loc on. smile

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post