Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Marketstead

Bob
Schedim
As things should be player driven as far as possible in this game (by design choice) why not allow shut-down settlements to be raided (with a long wait between attempts). The raid would steal a building kit and perhaps some plunder from the settlement vault.

We'd like to do something with battles in settlement hexes eventually, but that's going to take some code work. For now, the levers we can easily manipulate are the settlement warfare rules and the upkeep/DI costs. The costs are just in spreadsheets, so as long as we're not changing the way they function, increases and decreases are easily made, though they need to be deployed in an update. The settlement warfare rules are just a policy, so they can be changed at any time without requiring any code or content changes, at least as long as they only reference things that already work in-game.
Bob
Flari-Merchant
Great ideas!

Settlements are the pinnacle of player achievement. At least they are supposed to be… Even though every single one around was placed "gratis" at game start. They are complex and expensive and highly customizable. They were conceived for very large groups. They were supposed to be for MULTIPLE COMPANIES.

The next step down is the "Holding". Getting better with time, admittedly, but the entire system feels kinda limited. With any sort of large influx of new players, something between those two (Settlements, Holdings) seems like a no brainer. The Multiple company, 300+ player, mandate was a great idea but you have a whole sector of players types that want to be KINGS on their own hills. Not all new players are driven this way but I can confidently say that many, many are and they WILL BE.

A more complicated and rewarding "Manor House Holding" would be an attractive and intriguing middle, player option.

We've regularly discussed ways that holdings and other mechanisms could provide support to companies or individual characters. There are some balance considerations to work through, and certainly a fair amount of code to write, but generally it's a direction we'd like to move in when we get a chance.
Flari-Merchant
Bob
Flari-Merchant
Great ideas!

Settlements are the pinnacle of player achievement. At least they are supposed to be… Even though every single one around was placed "gratis" at game start. They are complex and expensive and highly customizable. They were conceived for very large groups. They were supposed to be for MULTIPLE COMPANIES.

The next step down is the "Holding". Getting better with time, admittedly, but the entire system feels kinda limited. With any sort of large influx of new players, something between those two (Settlements, Holdings) seems like a no brainer. The Multiple company, 300+ player, mandate was a great idea but you have a whole sector of players types that want to be KINGS on their own hills. Not all new players are driven this way but I can confidently say that many, many are and they WILL BE.

A more complicated and rewarding "Manor House Holding" would be an attractive and intriguing middle, player option.

We've regularly discussed ways that holdings and other mechanisms could provide support to companies or individual characters. There are some balance considerations to work through, and certainly a fair amount of code to write, but generally it's a direction we'd like to move in when we get a chance.
You have and it is much appreciated that you listen to us and consider our "blatherings". Most of us realize that we are pushing for a trip to Betelgeuse while you are trying to get us to the moon! I hope this kind of speculation can be taken with a grain of salt and realize that most of us know any such work undertaken would be far, far in the future. Not meaning to create undue pressure. smile

The game already has many features that are rare or unique. Just needs to be polished.
Bob
Flari-Merchant
You have and it is much appreciated that you listen to us and consider our "blatherings". Most of us realize that we are pushing for a trip to Betelgeuse while you are trying to get us to the moon! I hope this kind of speculation can be taken with a grain of salt and realize that most of us know any such work undertaken would be far, far in the future. Not meaning to create undue pressure. smile

No worries! Always like to hear what you're all thinking, and to talk through the possibilities for the future, though I do often have to cut my participation in such discussions short for things we're not likely to get to soon. Still like seeing all the ideas though, and do want to chime in enough to help you all understand the direction we're headed and the work involved.
malmuerta
Bob
Flari-Merchant

No worries! Always like to hear what you're all thinking, and to talk through the possibilities for the future, though I do often have to cut my participation in such discussions short for things we're not likely to get to soon. Still like seeing all the ideas though, and do want to chime in enough to help you all understand the direction we're headed and the work involved.
+1 Thanks for keeping close tabs on the talks and also not overcommitting which would only lead to disappointment.
Stilachio Thrax
Bob, when do you think you and Lisa will have an updated roadmap? Inquiring minds want to know…
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Bob
Stilachio Thrax
Bob, when do you think you and Lisa will have an updated roadmap? Inquiring minds want to know…

We don't have an ETA yet, but we are working on it and want to have it ready soon.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post