Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Boss drops

Maxen
Throwing this out there for feasibility and/or interest. I’m sure this is stated somewhere that the boss drop gives a chance for a recipe and/or expendable, and victory markers. With the introduction of highly prized enchanting salvage, I’m wondering if the player could be presented with an option when the boss dies: get the standard drop chance, or get a roll on the Enchanting Salvage table for that escalation for an appropriately balanced reward.

My thinking is that this allows the player to go after items he or she may really needs. I’ve got a boatload of recipes and expendables because I’ve been playing forever. Maybe I’d rather have a shot at getting a decent drop of salvage instead. Newer players may really benefit from the choice of either building their recipe/expendable library or getting some extra salvage. Thoughts?
Schedim
Perhaps this could be folded into my "plunder the camp" looting. The player can go for checking the chest-for std loot (including coins), the books-for recipies and maneuvers etc or the altar(or something simliar esotheric) for enchaning stuff.
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Flari-Merchant
+1 I like it. After a certain amount of rewards and a small pop of players for trading, loot tables start to get pretty monotonous/redundant. Also, customizable choices always add more satisfaction.
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Smitty
Or just add the salvage as a very high chance of dropping for a boss kill- like 60% - 75%% of the time you get the salvage items the escalation offers- in addition to the other things.

Many of them have 2 types - some of have 4+ types - So inventories would be filling fast on boss kills but still - makes sense to me to have salvage drop off the boss at higher rates than normal mobs.
Schedim
I think it would be nice to make the boss loot a bit more special, and adding a choice would make it a bit less repetetive. I get that looting every boody is not an option in this game of mass murder, but at least once in a while it would be nice to have a bit of immersive doings.
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
Flari-Merchant
Smitty
Or just add the salvage as a very high chance of dropping for a boss kill- like 60% - 75%% of the time you get the salvage items the escalation offers- in addition to the other things.

Many of them have 2 types - some of have 4+ types - So inventories would be filling fast on boss kills but still - makes sense to me to have salvage drop off the boss at higher rates than normal mobs.
Off the OP's original purpose… BUT if we all agreed that too much hard coin drops in the upper escalations, a better economic game might be possible if salvage drops were dialed UP a bit and Coin drops were dialed down a smidgen.

Coin being magically generated by mobs in the amounts that it is, we'll never achieve anything like a proper economic cycle.
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Schedim
Flari-Merchant
Coin being magically generated by mobs in the amounts that it is, we'll never achieve anything like a proper economic cycle.

Hear hear!
Smitty
Dont think asking for salvage to be added to boss drops is off the post topic of boss drops - but maybe that is just me….
If the devs spend time on this - i would rather them figure out how to have a mouse scroll through a bank - you know in case they ever want to get past all the frustrating portions of the game- so that we can find players to stick around long enough to get tired of the repetitive stuff …
Flari-Merchant
Smitty
Dont think asking for salvage to be added to boss drops is off the post topic of boss drops - but maybe that is just me….
If the devs spend time on this - i would rather them figure out how to have a mouse scroll through a bank - you know in case they ever want to get past all the frustrating portions of the game- so that we can find players to stick around long enough to get tired of the repetitive stuff …
Well I meant that my reply was further off the topic. Not yours. Since you mention fixing frustrations, that would be my preference as well. smile
uotopia@msn.com
Schedim
I just wish we could agree on "even if there are QoL stuff that needs to be adressed RIGTH NOW" there is a possibility thaat having a duscussion thread about other things eh, eh?

Just having one hundred and thirty two thread with just "the vault is broken, and needs to be fixed" over, and over, and over again … feels a bit boring.

All honor to Cato and persistence…. but …

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post