Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Changes!

Harad Navar
Greetings
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
Bringslite
JustSomeChick
Thank you kindly for the reply smile

I did find a very friendly player last night, and the general chat is always so helpful and encouraging (a rare thing in gaming these days!)

I've decided to commit to a year. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you guys have planned smile
Very happy to read this! Happy to have a new personality in the mix.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Maxen
Excellent! You will find that we are a very friendly community. Sure, tempers flare occasionally, but that’s life. Welcome to the game!

Maxen
NightmareSr
This great to see, and I agree the community playing this game is terrific and really the reason I keep playing.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Father Bronin
Greetings. Glad to have you onboard.
JustSomeChick
Thank you for the welcome smile

Question : is Azoth still used in crafting (my guess at its purpose from googling it) or actually traded or useful for anything? I'm unsure I understand what it's purpose is. I get that it can be traded in for game time, but I don't see it active in the auction house which makes me wonder if it still has a practical purpose (ie crafting)
Bob
JustSomeChick
Question : is Azoth still used in crafting (my guess at its purpose from googling it) or actually traded or useful for anything?

Azoth can be used to improve your crafting and refining results. It doesn't yet work for enchanting, but we do plan to add that at some point.

Crafting: Azoth can be used to raise the output of a crafting project to the next plus. It can’t be applied unless the project is already at least 10% of the way to the next plus, and the amount of Azoth required depends on the value/quantity of the crafting output and the percentage remaining to reach the next plus. The option to add Azoth is displayed once the crafting project has all its ingredients added, and is reset if the ingredients change.

Refining: Azoth can be used to raise the likelihood of getting additional plusses on a refining project, increasing the odds of getting one additional plus by 10 percentage points and of getting 2 additional plusses by 1 percentage point. The option to add Azoth is displayed once the refining project has all its ingredients added.
Flari-Merchant
JustSomeChick
Thank you for the welcome smile

Question : is Azoth still used in crafting (my guess at its purpose from googling it) or actually traded or useful for anything? I'm unsure I understand what it's purpose is. I get that it can be traded in for game time, but I don't see it active in the auction house which makes me wonder if it still has a practical purpose (ie crafting)
It is traded also (usually small Amounts like 2000) but it does not last long on the AH.

It is also traded occasionally outside the AH. One of my biggest hopes is that it will eventually be used to purchase cosmetics and things from the Cash Shop bringing it full circle to a very desired "currency" status of its own.
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Edam
The original theory with Azoth was players needing game gold (for example new players starting out, casual weekend players or maybe dedicated PvPers who want to just buy their gear without grinding for it) would buy Azoth for real cash and sell it on the AH for game gold. Players with excess gold (crafters with multiple accounts, high level escalation runners etc) would spend their excess game gold to buy the Azoth and use it to sub their characters.

In theory this would benefit both the sellers and buyers of Azoth and at the same time make the game less attractive to gold farmers.

In practice the Azoth market has not really taken off in any substantial way just yet - and most people purchasing Azoth are using it to bump crafting/refining rather than selling it for game gold.
JustSomeChick
These replies answered a couple of questions for me actually, Thank you! Also- Gold hehe Gold seems like it's a long way off for me LOL

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post