Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

So... New Players and Us

Stilachio Thrax
I hate running long distances in game, so some sort of auto-travel is something I'd like to see. It could simply be an auto-run on roads function, but we are supposed to be in a world full of magical wonders, I don't see why having some sort of teleportation service linking settlements to NPC and Allied settlements is that big a problem, especially if it is a big gold sink and doesn't let you take any non-[INV] in your inventory bags. Current population makes force projection worries moot anyway.

However, I'd rather have horses, and skills/classes to take advantage of them. You could still be attacked by bandits, but cover more ground faster (especially if you sticked to roads). And before that, I still want the rest of the Core Rulebook in game (classes, races, weapon types in particular).
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Azure_Zero
Stilachio Thrax
I hate running long distances in game, so some sort of auto-travel is something I'd like to see. It could simply be an auto-run on roads function, but we are supposed to be in a world full of magical wonders, I don't see why having some sort of teleportation service linking settlements to NPC and Allied settlements is that big a problem, especially if it is a big gold sink and doesn't let you take any non-[INV] in your inventory bags. Current population makes force projection worries moot anyway.

However, I'd rather have horses, and skills/classes to take advantage of them. You could still be attacked by bandits, but cover more ground faster (especially if you sticked to roads). And before that, I still want the rest of the Core Rulebook in game (classes, races, weapon types in particular).

To make Teleporting a Meaningful choice and proper coin sink and not be broken for force projection, it would need to be at least 10 platinium per hex bypassed, per character and with harsh restrictions including, but not limited to;
* That they CAN NOT have anything in their inventory at ALL and CAN NOT have ANY T3 gear currently equipped.
* They can only use it ONCE per month per account.
* Can only teleport to Home Settlement from an NPC settlement.
* Must control a series of hexes connecting to the NPC settlement (similar to the supply line rules in current settlement siege rules but each hex has to be adjacently owned, shield or pass hex)
* The Settlement Must pay a Teleport UpKeep Tax each week to each NPC settlement it connects, with the Tax for each one NPC settlement equal to the Settlement's Upkeep. (So; connected to 1 NPC is 2X Upkeep, Connected to 3 NPC is 4x Upkeep)
Silverghost
Flari-Merchant
This Humble Bundle promotion has really done well in bringing in some new people to try out PfO. It has brought out great Community spirit as far as helping these young Golarians out getting started. Pretty sure I have seen members of every active group participating in this and many, many solo players. I've even seen these new players catching the spirit and helping other new players with their new knowledge. Fantastic! This really shows that we have an A+ community here. I'm proud to be part of it.

I'm also curious, what could we possibly do to be BETTER at it than we already are? How could Paizo help us? What things seem to be most helpful, overall, and are most likely going to get New Players to stick around?

I purchased the humble bundle because I love Pathfinder RPG. I didn't even know PF Online existed. When I found out I was super excited to give it a shot. So far I have tried to click on most of the Settlement links from the main page and about 80% of them are bad links or not even active. When I look at the forums most of the post with the exception of this one are from 2016. This post going into detail about how slow it is to travel and accomplish goals is a huge turnoff for me. I was very excited about this before, but now I'm not sure I even want to bother installing the game.

Then when I decided I wanted to make a comment in the "General Public Forum" and I couldn't make a comment…well that was infuriating. Luckily, the bundle came with some free game time so I was able to setup the account to let you guys know that from what I see on the outside looking in as a new potential player it does not look very enticing.

TL/DR
(1) Fix the settlement page or remove it entirely if you can't keep it current. Fix the website.
(2) IF travel is an issue then it sounds like you need enough content to stay in your region and have fun and travel should only be needed for large profits on selling wares and conquering new territories. (Grain of Salt: I'm a new potential player and I don't know how the game works.)

Hope that helps.smile
NightmareSr
@Silverghost, you do see limited forums when not logged in, but I don't think you have to subscribe to create an account here on goblinworks.com
Although we should probably be more careful what we discuss on certain forums here.
I'm not sure which settlement links you clicked on but some are active while yes many aren't anymore.
Hopefully you aren't too turned off and give the game a chance.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Flari-Merchant
Hey Silverghost,

Many or most sites will ask that you register before they will let you post. Also there is much more activity here that you wouldn't notice unless you are registered and checking out the Latest Updates page. Not that this forum couldn't use some definite improvement. Just to let you know.

Thanks for your feedback. Since you are now activated, I hope that you will at least try it out with an open mind. Maybe even update your comments after so that something can be learned from your more in depth take on the game. Feel free to shout out for some advice, some help and conversation if you do. Just remember that it is a work in progress with a fair "Steady Forward" on the progress!
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Wibblyone
Humble Bundle freebie for a month here - observations after a week or so of hard playing

the game is very much a 'goldfish game' it just goes round and round - travel kill collect - rinse repeat… why on earth would someone wnt to pay for this ?

players are most helpful but the game is obtuse until you get pointed to Goblinary and even then this is out of date

graphics are ok for an old style game - but this is 2019 - it gets lovlier the closer you zoom in -so what! - most of the time you want to be at an optimum range pretty far away!

I will soldier on for the rest of the freebie but will not waste money on future play.. unless you want to sponsor me smile

there is some fantastic support from goblinary and players are fantastic too - but in effect it just boils down to an overly-complicated character advancement and item creation system … RPG? no role playing at all just kill stuff

it is your choice what you kill to get certain benefits however that too is severely limited

recent 'quests' are all to kill red level enemies - near impossible without help - and there are too few active players to generally help

sorry to say you get an overall 3/10 - you get positive points for your support systems - while the online game is very very mediocre (I really am suprised new players stick this out - let alone with the monthly subscription!)

give me a shout if you think this is harsh - however I cannot see much to go forward on
wolflet
Flari-Merchant
Thanks for the feedback, Wibblyone. I don't think that the game will work very well until they can get the population up. They are considering things that they can do to make that happen and I am eagerly waiting to read what ways those are.

Considering the state the game is in right now, do you have any ideas?
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Bringslite
Looks like the community all pulled together well in welcoming and helping new players. I would suggest that one thing Paizo could do, with very little effort, is let us know when there is going to be any kind of PfO trial promotion like the Humble Bundle. I know that I would be more happy to have notice and have a character or 3 around TK to help even more.

I could really see and appreciate the energy that having all these new players around sparked in the "feel" of the game's atmosphere. That is really an important thing to consider. That "atmosphere" and the activity is the key spark it ignites is what is needed. Everything works better with players interacting.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Maxen
Bringslite
Looks like the community all pulled together well in welcoming and helping new players. I would suggest that one thing Paizo could do, with very little effort, is let us know when there is going to be any kind of PfO trial promotion like the Humble Bundle. I know that I would be more happy to have notice and have a character or 3 around TK to help even more.

I could really see and appreciate the energy that having all these new players around sparked in the "feel" of the game's atmosphere. That is really an important thing to consider. That "atmosphere" and the activity is the key spark it ignites is what is needed. Everything works better with players interacting.

+1 It would be great to know when these promotions are happening.
Lisa Stevens
This one kind of happened last minute. I found out we were doing the Humble Bundle and there was a PFO thing in it the day before it started. So I had them add it in and once I verified it was in the Bundle, Bob posted about it on the forums. If I have notice, I will give it to you, but sometimes these things are opportunistic and I take them as they pop up.

-Lisa

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post