Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Free Trial Mode

Bob
BlackMoria
Assuming all works out well on Zog, when will this be rolled out to the Live Server?

We're hoping to deploy this build as soon as possible. At a stretch, that could even mean tomorrow morning, since the build has actually been on Zog since yesterday and successfully went through Daily Maintenance this morning, which is one of our final stability tests. More likely we'd be looking at Friday or Monday morning.
Bringslite
@Bob

The answer to this question may be self evident in already posted info but I can't find it. Apologies if it is already answered.

Is there going to be some level of involved play between free trial and full subscription? If a player enjoys the game without a full subscription, will there be a setting that she can get higher than lvl 6 support?

For instance, such an individual could get to the point (buying or trading for and converting Azoth) that they would need more than support at only lvl 6, couldn't they?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
Bringslite
Is there going to be some level of involved play between free trial and full subscription? If a player enjoys the game without a full subscription, will there be a setting that she can get higher than lvl 6 support?

For instance, such an individual could get to the point (buying or trading for and converting Azoth) that they would need more than support at only lvl 6, couldn't they?

Yes, a character could get beyond what's covered by Support Level 6 through our eventual ability to buy XP with Azoth, or through game months purchased with Azoth, or of course through game months purchased directly. However, Free Trial Mode is only meant to let players (both new and returning) give the game a try on the latest build for free, with the goal of getting them to activate (or reactivate) their accounts, whether through direct/subscription purchases or by trading Azoth for game months. It's not meant to be a feasible way to play the game indefinitely, and limiting support is an important part of that.
Bringslite
Great answer and congrats on moving forward so fast. Thank you.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Gross
oooh… will look forward to testing with my unsubbed 3rd char… will let me check his vault.
Mercenary monster hunter from Forgeholm
War priest of Angradd… patiently waiting on Goblinworks to deliver him (and greataxes, Dwarves need 2 handed axes).
Bob
The build is doing great on Zog, passed all the important test cases, but for various scheduling reasons we've decided Monday is the best day to deploy it to Live. Again, any of you who'd like to check it out before then and need test access, just email customer.support@pathfinderonline.com and I'll set you up. Same goes if you need anything on the test server, like XP, coins, equipment, achievements, teleports…
NightmareSr
I made a new account recently to see how the Free Trial Mode looked and one thing seemed a bit odd but might have just been overlooked.
When not logged into pathfinderonline.com just certain forums/subforums are available, and when logged into a Free Trial Mode account there are still the exact same forums/subforums available.
Is this intentional, and is there any reason the Free Trial Mode players can't see certain discussions until they subscribe?
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Bob
NightmareSr
I made a new account recently to see how the Free Trial Mode looked and one thing seemed a bit odd but might have just been overlooked.
When not logged into pathfinderonline.com just certain forums/subforums are available, and when logged into a Free Trial Mode account there are still the exact same forums/subforums available.
Is this intentional, and is there any reason the Free Trial Mode players can't see certain discussions until they subscribe?

That is in fact intentional. Some parts of the forums are considered a perk of being a paying customer, but we still want people interested in the game to have places to post if they have questions or need help. That said, we had a stronger case for that distinction back when inactive accounts couldn't play the game at all, so we should probably revisit that at some point. I'll file a feature request to consider opening things up more (or completely).
NightmareSr
Makes sense, and maybe just a note on the page that there are more discussions going on that are only viewable to subscribed players would work. I just had a thought that it looks sort of dead if you don't know there is more going on behind the wall.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Edam
View but not post ?

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post