Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Free Trial Mode

You are a Troll
Edam
View but not post ?

+1
NightmareSr
You are a Troll
Edam
View but not post ?

+1
True. The Free trial accounts can Not post comments.
In place of the comment box is green text stating "You must be logged into an enrolled account to post."
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Bob
Edam
View but not post ?

Possibly. I can currently change view/post together by just changing a setting on the restricted forums, so that's pretty easy. To change the nature of the restriction we'd need to do some code work.
Bob
Bob
Edam
View but not post ?

Possibly. I can currently change view/post together by just changing a setting on the restricted forums, so that's pretty easy. To change the nature of the restriction we'd need to do some code work.

Or perhaps I'm wrong about that based on the posts that came in while I was typing that. Apparently more research is required.
Bob
NightmareSr
True. The Free trial accounts can Not post comments.
In place of the comment box is green text stating "You must be logged into an enrolled account to post."

This gets a little complicated because Active vs. Free Trial Mode is different from Enrolled vs. Unenrolled, though they're related. Enrollment has a complicated history, since we originally set it up to say when each account would gain access to the game (Head Start, Early Enrollment, Open Enrollment), but at this point it's most easily though of as meaning that an account has either been activated or set up auto-billing or redeemed a ticket (e.g. Humble Bundle codes) or pledged on Kickstarter or played on our old two week trials some point in the past. In other words, you've taken steps to become Active. So if you create a new account and only play in Free Trial Mode, you won't get Enrolled, and therefore can't post on the forums. Also, some of the forums aren't shown to you on the main lists, though you can still view them if you know the URLs. If you've done something to become Enrolled, which anyone who has played on an Active character has done, then you're still Enrolled after you revert to Free Trial Mode, so you can view and post at will.

When setting up the forums, we decided not to let people post unless they were Enrolled largely to keep down problems with spam and bots. We could look at automatically Enrolling accounts when they create characters, which is kind of what we had when the two week trials were allowed. I suspect if we did that the forums would get hit with spam every few months like they did back then, but that was pretty manageable.
NightmareSr
Well that is good then for looking at any currently or past "enrollment". I just wanted to bring it up to be sure the view and post settings were still appropriate for the current state and existence of free trial accounts. I don't have a specific opinion on how it should work.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post