Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Experience Point Options

Caldeathe Baequiannia
Bob
Edam
Partial respecs are theoretically possibly, but they are trickier and harder to implement. It's possible they'd even be really frustrating for players, since trying to forget a particular feat could involve a long chain of "okay, I want to forget X, but first I have to forget Y, and Z before that, or I could learn W to get that ability score up enough instead of forgetting Z, now what feat was X again?" Still, it could be worth doing partial respecs properly if full respecs would never get used, or if we can figure out a sneaky way to do them.
If you drew a hard line in the sand on a given day, and going forward logged feats and skills as applied (or alternatively, do a feat/skill-state-capture at each logout), you could make respecing a single path, with the choice being to rollback the character to a particular point (basically scrolling backwards through training to a point, then obliterating anything past that point), or date (restore to last Sunday, obliterating all training versions since last sunday). (not applicable to equipment/position etc. just skills and feats) Then they could try some training, and play with it for a week, then decide to jump back to one of the previous few logins (destructively, so they can't just keep rolling back to a different preferred version each time they feel like it (i.e. rolling back 4 days deletes later captures at the next log out)).
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Bob
plopmania
So, the way I understood the "by exp with Azoth", there is no real limit to how much exp can be bought? Is it less efficient that just subscribing but one can be subscribed and buy exp. Can I just slap $10k on the table and sky-rocket my character's exp?

We haven't completely settled on the exact limits for buying XP. We'll develop some more specific ideas on that when we're closer to actually working on this, then throw them out for more crowdforging.

plopmania
That does read like a "pay-to-win" proposition. Even if we throw in all the spiel about lateral progression, mild power-curve, and gate and gear requirements. After all, exp is power in this game. And people who are touchy about p2w, aren't all that lenient (nor rational) when it comes to things like these.

We've already cracked the door open with things like having Azoth improve the outcome of crafting and refining projects, or player housing giving out combat bonuses, but managed to find the right balance to keep them from feeling too pay-to-win. We should be able to do the same here as well.

plopmania
Also, I feel like this is missing the issue that most new player's have brought up on the forums. If I recall correctly, they are more concerned about the feeling of "not being able to progress by playing" rather than being behind the curve.

So, regardless of what happens to the exp buying, could We add something that would better fill that need in addition to the current gate system?

Yes, we'd like to look into some possibilities around that, and have had some preliminary discussions about different ideas, some of which had some similarities to the ideas you proposed. We just felt that was a larger project and weren't as certain that it should be included in the first batch of features to tackle. Then again, we're still talking about what should go in the next batch of features, and this is one of the areas we're actively considering for it.
Bob
Caldeathe Baequiannia
If you drew a hard line in the sand on a given day, and going forward logged feats and skills as applied (or alternatively, do a feat/skill-state-capture at each logout), you could make respecing a single path, with the choice being to rollback the character to a particular point (basically scrolling backwards through training to a point, then obliterating anything past that point), or date (restore to last Sunday, obliterating all training versions since last sunday). (not applicable to equipment/position etc. just skills and feats) Then they could try some training, and play with it for a week, then decide to jump back to one of the previous few logins (destructively, so they can't just keep rolling back to a different preferred version each time they feel like it (i.e. rolling back 4 days deletes later captures at the next log out)).

True, repeated "Undo" commands are fairly well understood, and the chain of dependencies would be preserved along the way. Would still be a fair amount of work, and wouldn't work for anything learned before the feature got implemented, but worth keeping in mind if we don't think any other partial respec options are feasible.
BlackMoria
My re-billing time is coming up in the next few weeks for my accounts and I usually pay with the yearly option. Obviously, this discussion encompasses factors which impact that.

So, will these changes (whatever is decided) happen within a year? If so, if I want to add more characters or reduce the number of characters on a subscription to the non-subscription model within the next year, what happens? Or am I better to go on a monthly plan, in which case, what is the approximate time frame that such changes to the character subscription model most likely happen?

I have several DT accounts and several single character accounts. Will we be able to consolidate accounts? In particular, I would love it if I can consolidate my single character accounts together.

Edit: I suppose that this could have been put in the Free Trial Account thread as it probably is more relevant there, but, meh, I asked here. Move this there if it more relevant there.
Bob
BlackMoria
So, will these changes (whatever is decided) happen within a year?

Unless crowdforging turns up a lot more additional work that needs to be done on these features, they should all be done in much less than a year.

BlackMoria
If so, if I want to add more characters or reduce the number of characters on a subscription to the non-subscription model within the next year, what happens? Or am I better to go on a monthly plan, in which case, what is the approximate time frame that such changes to the character subscription model most likely happen?

We plan to implement all this so that it works just fine with your existing subscription and any existing months of game credit on your account. You won't need to change anything timing-wise to take full advantage of the new features.

BlackMoria
I have several DT accounts and several single character accounts. Will we be able to consolidate accounts? In particular, I would love it if I can consolidate my single character accounts together.

That's something we'd very much like to add in the future, and we're designing and implementing these features with that in mind. However, it's not on the roadmap quite yet.
Bringslite
@Bob

Right now 1 Azoth seems to be worth about 43.6363… xp. When you assign values to Azoth for direct sacrifice to xp, do you intend to leave it at a similar value or do you intend to change that value? Do you have in mind any ideas on how much Azoth will be useable for xp within certain time limits?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
Bringslite
Right now 1 Azoth seems to be worth about 43.6363… xp. When you assign values to Azoth for direct sacrifice to xp, do you intend to leave it at a similar value or do you intend to change that value? Do you have in mind any ideas on how much Azoth will be useable for xp within certain time limits?

We haven't dived into the exact limitations or pricing details for all this. Our general thought at the moment is that it should cost more Azoth to purchase a given amount of XP instantly than it would to purchase that much XP by training it over time. What exactly that works out to is still up for debate.
NightmareSr
Bob, since it is now October, do you have any details on the individual character training?
Lots of the questions earlier in this thread you mentioned weren't decided yet. Just curious if there are any details ready for you to share. As in; price for individual character subscriptions, will accounts still function the same (all 3 earn influence and one trains at a time for base), price/mechanics for xp bought with azoth.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Bob
NightmareSr
Bob, since it is now October, do you have any details on the individual character training?
Lots of the questions earlier in this thread you mentioned weren't decided yet. Just curious if there are any details ready for you to share. As in; price for individual character subscriptions, will accounts still function the same (all 3 earn influence and one trains at a time for base), price/mechanics for xp bought with azoth.

We're working through the final details on this and hope to post a longer write-up on everything next week.
NightmareSr
Bob
We're working through the final details on this and hope to post a longer write-up on everything next week.
That is wonderful, thank you.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post