Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Experience Point Options

Edam
It will be interesting to see if things like this become possible:

https://massivelyop.com/2016/02/15/eve-player-uses-28000-of-skill-injectors-to-create-max-character/

IronBank created a brand-new character and used around $28,000 worth of injectors to max out every possible skill he could acquire to level 5. A total of around 2,846 injectors were used to boost the new character up to 473,344,000 skill points that would normally take over 20 years of skill training time to acquire.
Bob
NightmareSr
Just curious if there are any details ready for you to share. As in; price for individual character subscriptions, will accounts still function the same (all 3 earn influence and one trains at a time for base), price/mechanics for xp bought with azoth.

I put up a long post about the New Subscription Model we're deploying with EE 18, which will answer your first two questions (price, account functionality). The question about azoth prices for XP isn't answered yet because that won't be going out with EE 18 and probably won't get finalized until we start working on EE 21. What I can say at this point is that it will be less efficient to increase your XP directly with azoth than to increase it by having an active character earning XP over time. That basically means that it will cost you more to buy enough azoth to get a month's worth of XP than it would to purchase a month of game time, but we're not sure yet on exactly how much more, or in exactly which increments you'll be able to trade azoth for XP.
NightmareSr
Sounds good Bob, thanks.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Azure_Zero
I hope that you DON'T allow the game to be completely Pay to Win with buying extra XP.
I'd like it if there was a CAP, where one can't exceed what a Day 1 character would have, or you'll have some whale players buying enough EXP to be level 20 in everything right out the door.
NightmareSr
Azure_Zero
I hope that you DON'T allow the game to be completely Pay to Win with buying extra XP.
I'd like it if there was a CAP, where one can't exceed what a Day 1 character would have, or you'll have some whale players buying enough EXP to be level 20 in everything right out the door.
What about having the cap be based on the age of the account? Something like max XP purchased per character limited to same amount a subscription would give?
Meaning on 2 day old account (24hrs old) the purchase limit would be 2400 xp, and so on.
This limit would mean that someone could get double the xp if they maxed out and had the character subscribed, but would that be too much?
Maybe a time based purchase limit of only buying a max amount of xp per month? 72k xp per month would then be doubling xp for a subscribed character.
Azure_Zero
NightmareSr
Azure_Zero
What about having the cap be based on the age of the account? Something like max XP purchased per character limited to same amount a subscription would give?
Meaning on 2 day old account (24hrs old) the purchase limit would be 2400 xp, and so on.
This limit would mean that someone could get double the xp if they maxed out and had the character subscribed, but would that be too much?
Maybe a time based purchase limit of only buying a max amount of xp per month? 72k xp per month would then be doubling xp for a subscribed character.

Your feeding the Pay to Win whales with what you said.
No, the Cap should be set at What a perfectly subbed Day 1 account would have at the any moment.
This would stop any Pay to Win whales from getting level 20 in everything, or getting to it twice as fast.
Edam
Azure_Zero
NightmareSr
Azure_Zero

Your feeding the Pay to Win whales with what you said.
No, the Cap should be set at What a perfectly subbed Day 1 account would have at the any moment.
This would stop any Pay to Win whales from getting level 20 in everything, or getting to it twice as fast.

Allowing players to buy XP to the point they can double a current characters XP would add 4 million XP more or less at present. Problem is in 10 years time that will blow out to about 15 million XP you can buy.

Characters with that much XP will not necessarily be combat monsters but they would certainly excel at virtually anything they turned a hand to.

The EVE solution to this was to require you purchase the XP off another character who lost XP. This way the game was not creating XP out of thin air. Of course what happened is people created XP farming alts to generate the XP for their main characters. The reason I finally quit EVE once and for all was they introduced selling XP.

TBH … I think the cap should be whatever a day one OPEN ENROLMENT character would get.

This will give new players he ability to buy XP for any time lost after OE without it being exploitable. It would also stop returning vets pumping there characters up to the point they would have got to if they had subbed all along. There is something not quite right about the idea that someone who copped out and sat back and refused to sub can come back in and build an optimised character that will effectively be better than characters that played through all the rule changes and nerfs and sub optimal game mechanics.
Bob
Though we don't have any specific ideas ready to discuss for purchasing XP (and won't until we're closer to implementing it), Pay to Win concerns have been a big part of all the discussions, and always will be.
NightmareSr
Buying xp from other characters who sell their own is an interesting idea.
There is a game I played that did something similar with "energy". It wasn't exactly the same as XP but to do any activities it cost energy, which regained 1 energy per 3mins. They made an NPC who would give a bottle of 10 energy in exchange for 50 energy, then the bottles could be traded and sold.
Adding an exchange rate could give a mechanism to adjust any buying/selling XP.
You are a Troll
LOL - for once I agree with Edam….since EARLY enrollment is technically a super long Beta Test, NO ONE should be able to buy XP dating back to the beginning of it, but only back to the beginning of OPEN ENROLLMENT.

However, how about some info on how GW/Paizo plans on getting some actual people willing to play the game long enough to even have the remote thought of actually wanting to drop more cash than the sub fee to buy xp? If Open Enrollment is looming, whats the marketing plan?

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post