These are the Preliminary Release Notes for Early Enrollment v17.1. We deployed a Final Candidate for EE 17.1 to the Test Server on Thursday, July 11. We plan to deploy EE 17.1 to Live during Daily Maintenance on Monday, July 15, assuming it performs well during final testing.
What Is In This Release
This release focuses on bug fixes for a variety of issues. We tracked down one of the causes for recurrent crashes when charging or teleporting and reworked the code to better handle those situations. We also changed the way mobs and events are defined across escalation phases to prevent situations where escalation strength would sometimes appear to be temporarily locked. Multiple other improvements were also made to various systems in order to keep steadily improving the overall player experience.
Full Release Notes
- Characters trying to rotate toward a non-existent location, which for unclear reasons can sometimes happen during charges and teleports, will now reject that rotation instead of getting caught in a loop and displaying a blue screen. We’re hopeful that this will prevent the crashes some players regularly experience when using charge-based attacks/buffs. If you experience a blue-screen crash, please log back in immediately on the same character and file a support ticket so that we can check the logs and see if there are other causes we need to fix.
- Shear attack reduced to a 10 meter charge with a six-second cooldown and rebalanced accordingly.
- New command /VcCancel clears any pending applications or invites so characters can apply to a different company instead.
- The Structure Management Window shows the DI cost for upgrading that structure’s maximum upgraded, and shows a clearer message when there’s not enough DI available to upgrade the maximum.
- Succubus Blood drops less often as enchanting salvage, allowing Tenebrous Blight Fire to drop more often.
- Crafting upgrade bars always show no wasted effort when Azoth is used to upgrade the crafting results.
- Chain Belts include Belt [Tier] in their Valid Enchant Groups.
- Weapon descriptions at auction houses properly list the keywords for each upgrade.
- If a mule fails to appear when hired, no saddlebags or money will be charged, and the ghost of that mule will no longer haunt the server.
- Mobs that only spawn during particular phases will give proper strength credit if killed during later phases.
- Events that only spawn during particular phases will give proper strength credit if completed during later phases.
- Mobs that only spawn during particular events will give strength credit as they’re killed instead of having their likely strength values included in the final strength credit given when completing the event.
- All Mobs for the Skull-Basher Ogres event Treacherous Goblins will properly drop enchanting salvage with their loot.
- All Bonedancer encounters point to the correct Bonedancer standards instead of the generic goblin standards.
- Generic uneven encounters won’t include mercenaries working with goblins.