Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Ghost Mules Still haunt player

Kenton Stone
Got my first Ghost Mule today, did not lose the saddlebags but was unable to use them, it says you already have a mule following you, /releasemule says you have no mule to release. Leaving hex made no difference, finally had to have another Alt come and use the Saddlebags, I had him release the mule but was unable to claim it with the original character as it again said I already had a mule following.
Bob
Dang. The fix keeps you from being charged any taxes or saddlebags if the mule doesn't appear, and it keeps the overall map server from thinking there's a partially-created mule floating around (which was causing the hex in general to have all kinds of sync problems), but apparently the character still thinks a mule got attached to it. Hopefully the only downside of that is the inability for that character to hire another mule for a little while, though that's obviously plenty annoying on its own. I'll get a bug filed and we'll look into it.
Bob
We've got a server-side fix up on Zog, which we plan to deploy to live during Friday's Daily Maintenance, that adds a few more steps to the mule exorcism ritual and should let characters immediately try to hire another mule. On the off-chance that some ectoplasmic residue slips through and continues to cause problems, we've also given /ReleaseMule it's own exorcism ritual. Hopefully those two fixes will banish these stubborn not-quite-critters for good.
Azure_Zero
I hope so, or we're gonna need some ghost busters.
Bob
The fix is in.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post