Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Roadmap Web Page

Bob
The updated Roadmap is now available, and finally has its own web page available under the Pathfinder Online navigation menu at the top of every page. This isn't a complete list of every feature or improvement we've got planned, but it does cover all the larger features we've officially scheduled for implementation, along with when we plan to deploy each feature to the live servers. I'll update the web page as we deploy each update and as we schedule additional features, and post an announcement of any changes here in the forums.

The current Roadmap is primarily focused on the features that were listed in the New Roadmap, Part 1 thread, but you'll find a few surprises listed as well. Enjoy!
Edam
I assume the main point of respecing is so to bypass ability gates. When we learn unnecessary feats just to meet ability gates, once we level our main feat enough to pump that ability, we can then unlearn those unnecessary feats and get the XP back.

This will be great for fighter types who can learn armorsmith/weaponsmith to pump their STR enough to train T3 attacks and then once those T3 attack feats have bumped STR a bit we can then just unlearn armorsmith/weaponsmith.
Bob
We're actually trying to keep respecs from becoming a way to game the prerequisite system. The real goal is to provide a way to get back your XP if you later decide you're rather advance your character along a different path.

The simplest implementation would be to have respecs remove all the feats/expendables that a character has learned, return all the XP, and wipe all of that character's achievements. You'd basically be starting over, though with lots of XP, plus all your belongings and perhaps some recipes learned that you'd regain access to if you relearn the necessary feats. Not perhaps ideal, but simple to understand, simple to use, and simple to implement.

Letting characters forget specific feats, or specific ranks of feats is trickier, though theoretically possible. We're exploring ways to make that work, but it might require more effort than is worthwhile. It might also be a pretty frustrating experience as a player, either creating a cascade of forgotten feats each time a central feat is forgotten, or requiring players to step through feats one at a time, forgetting ones that aren't required by other feats first. We don't want to spend a lot of time on a feature that's too complicated for anyone to use safely.
Schedim
Bob
We're actually trying to keep respecs from becoming a way to game the prerequisite system. The real goal is to provide a way to get back your XP if you later decide you're rather advance your character along a different path.

The simplest implementation would be to have respecs remove all the feats/expendables that a character has learned, return all the XP, and wipe all of that character's achievements. You'd basically be starting over, though with lots of XP, plus all your belongings and perhaps some recipes learned that you'd regain access to if you relearn the necessary feats. Not perhaps ideal, but simple to understand, simple to use, and simple to implement.

I think this sounds like a very good start, for two reasons: Firstly My first character in this games suffers from sooo many bad build decisions (due to misconceptions on my part and changes in the game) that a total wipe probably is the only way of getting it back on track.
Secondly, it will be easier to sell accounts (if I finally give up on this) as the buyer can get a clean start.
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Schedim
Actually I find myself very intrigued by the Alchemist, as it sounds a bit closer to what I wanted Schedim to be Cleric/Alchemist making drugs for Hanspur to smuggle to propagate freedom … or something.

But I think I wait until Mars for the Respec …
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
harneloot
Well, good to have something that lays out some things to look forward to.

Hopefully the *Flag for PvP* will auto happen once you cross into a monster hex, or a hex someone has claimed and set to Low security…if not, then the game might be more populated by people who want to play a multiplayer version of Kingmaker, but I don't think that is going to make for a game that is actually any more interesting than it is right now.
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
Harad Navar
Bob
Since loot drop recipes and expendables were hard won by game play, I would hope these would not be removed completely. A mechanic confirming the expenditure of XP when training feats would allow relearning spells and expendables to be a similar player choice.
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
Bob
harneloot
Hopefully the *Flag for PvP* will auto happen once you cross into a monster hex, or a hex someone has claimed and set to Low security…if not, then the game might be more populated by people who want to play a multiplayer version of Kingmaker, but I don't think that is going to make for a game that is actually any more interesting than it is right now.

The goal is to make sure that players can't be attacked by other players unless they've explicitly and knowingly agreed to participate in PvP. Instead of automatically flagging for PvP by taking some other action, which is more of an implicit agreement, we plan to restrict player actions until they explicitly flag for PvP. We haven't picked the exact restrictions yet, but basically you'd get a message stating that you need to flag for PvP first whenever you attempt a restricted action.

And yes, this does mean a fair percentage of players are likely to be completely PvP-averse and will never flag for it. However, those players simply won't play the game at all if they can't do so meaningfully without risking PvP. Think of them as adding to the total population, not as subtracting from the PvP-willing population.

FYI, there's a fairly extensive (and fairly recent) discussion on this topic in the Flag for PvP thread under Crowdforging.
Bob
Harad Navar
Since loot drop recipes and expendables were hard won by game play, I would hope these would not be removed completely. A mechanic confirming the expenditure of XP when training feats would allow relearning spells and expendables to be a similar player choice.

Very true. In the case of recipes, you wouldn't actually get any XP back, so there's no advantage to forgetting them during a respec. If you can remember the recipe in the background, but not access it without the required feat/rank, then we can safely let them be remembered. I think the system may actually already work that way, with you temporarily losing access to recipes when your crafting rank drops from lack of support, in which case we don't even need to do any work to make that all balanced.

Expendables are trickier, because you would get XP back by forgetting them, so players probably will often want to forget them as part of a respec. Also, technically they're feats once they're learned. Letting players remember expendables while forgetting every other feat is essentially the same as allowing partial respecs, though admittedly with a pretty simple rule for deciding what's remembered and what's forgotten. Maybe we'll find a straight-forward way to allow partial respecs, but as I mentioned, that gets pretty tricky and will likely involve a fair amount of effort. We may only be able to provide the nuclear option this first time around.
Azure_Zero
Bob
harneloot

The goal is to make sure that players can't be attacked by other players unless they've explicitly and knowingly agreed to participate in PvP. Instead of automatically flagging for PvP by taking some other action, which is more of an implicit agreement, we plan to restrict player actions until they explicitly flag for PvP. We haven't picked the exact restrictions yet, but basically you'd get a message stating that you need to flag for PvP first whenever you attempt a restricted action.

And yes, this does mean a fair percentage of players are likely to be completely PvP-averse and will never flag for it. However, those players simply won't play the game at all if they can't do so meaningfully without risking PvP. Think of them as adding to the total population, not as subtracting from the PvP-willing population.

FYI, there's a fairly extensive (and fairly recent) discussion on this topic in the Flag for PvP thread under Crowdforging.

I hope Goblinworks gets the PVP flag states and what each state means right,
as the PVP in this game currently sucks and is TOO in favor of the Non-PVP players.

That game was way more exciting when we had Zycor running around causing chaos, folks were one their feet, playing, and using their social contacts within the game.
If you want that buzz to happen, the PVP gate needs more opening then what it is.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post