Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

New Event Types

Azure_Zero
I Really think we should start steering away from making more standard monster escalations that only the few PVE elite want and start looking at making New Types of Escalations, and I mean ones that DO NOT stay constrained in a monster or home hex and can affect hexes in a wide area.

The New Types I'm talking about at ones that can be predictable and unpredictable and happen outside the monster/home hexes.
One new type of escalation event could be town sieges (or even applied to non-monster/home hex adjacent holdings)
Like an attack of Undead against your home settlement, event happens at start of PVP window to be fair when it happens.

Another new type could be a Wandering escalation, and it uses the infection mechanics simulate the wandering.
I'll post more thoughts/ideas on this one when I have the time.
Schedim
Hear, hear! Time to put some teeth into the world. Escalation harvesting is fun and so, but feels very static and, frankly, inane after a while.
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Azure_Zero
Schedim
Hear, hear! Time to put some teeth into the world. Escalation harvesting is fun and so, but feels very static and, frankly, inane after a while.

Agreed and these ideas would shake things up a bit.

I do plan on adding a rough draft of the mechanics so that the power of the event is scaled to the settlement and or players…pending on which one is happening…
As I want these events to be fair and open to as many players as possible and not serve just the few PVE elites.
Azure_Zero
For the Town Siege Event I think it best to be a many part event.

Base idea Map.
The Green circles are Enemy Spawn Points,
The Red Circles are Capture points, and when captured turn into spawning points.

The Mobs move to capture Spawning points in a order based on where they spawned,
The Eastern spawner closest to point 32, goes in capture order of 32, 24, 23,1
The Western spawner closest to point 31, goes in capture order of 31, 23,1
The rest of the spawning points goes in capture order of 28, 23, 1.

To scale the power of the siege event to that settlement's players, it'll use numbers from the Keep (Current upgrade/Max Upgrade) to make it fair.
The Current upgrade of the Keep will help determine how many sets of waves will hit the settlement, (so +0/+X means no waves)
The strength of each wave will be using a something like a loop within a loop for setting strength.
With a boss like monster at the end of each set of waves spawned into one of the 5 spawners (or captured points)
With Max Upgrade of the keep setting the Max strength of the final waves.

Now the path finding on the keep (point 1) will need to be based on the Keep itself, since Keeps +0-+3, have 4 ways in, while Keeps +4-+5 have only one way in.

—-
The Prize for the players are the drops from the event.

The other Prize for fending off the siege should be to the settlement, and dumped into the settlement vault, and it could be a structure kit of a building they would like upgraded, or a prize of enough coin and Bulk goods to cover 4 weeks at the settlement's current consumption.

Failure to hold off the siege results in a loss payment of 4 weeks of bulk goods and coin at settlement's current consumption, and failure to meet the payment will result in some (4 small, 2 small 1 med, or 1 large) building(s) being downgraded (current and max), until it can downgrade the keep, so no bank swapping crap can happen like in raids at the moment.
NightmareSr
I like the idea, but having a Settlement siege during PvP window and having possible raids at holdings would be problematic wouldn't it? So essentially if this was added then each settlement would have to decide to either defend the Settlement or defend a holding, cause likely they wouldn't be able to defend both, right?
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Azure_Zero
NightmareSr
I like the idea, but having a Settlement siege during PvP window and having possible raids at holdings would be problematic wouldn't it? So essentially if this was added then each settlement would have to decide to either defend the Settlement or defend a holding, cause likely they wouldn't be able to defend both, right?

Can your a Settlement defend multiple raids on it's holdings?
Likely not given the game's population.

With the Population of Talonguard and Corbenik, I have to prioritise which one(s) get defended when multiple escalation raids happen and I know I'll lose some, but not all.

The same is applied with this idea, you make choices on what gets defended and by how much.
And the reason for the PVP window is to make sure folks are ON and in the game when the event happens.

And if settlements feel they don't want to focus on defending their settlement, then lower they can lower the settlement's Keep to a lower grade to get less waves and have an easier time defending the settlement.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post