Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

New Subscription Model in EE 18

Bob
With EE 18, which we plan to deploy by the end of November, we’ll be shifting our subscription model from account-based to character-based. Players will be able to have all three characters on their account fully active and training at once, and even to log all three in at the same time. We’ll also be lowering the price for a month of game time to $5, with discounts for purchasing the credits in bulk (6 for the price of 5, 12 for the price of 9). For accounts with existing credits, we’ll be tripling those credits to reflect the price change and adding two extra credits to any Active account. These changes will all take place during the Daily Maintenance period on the morning EE 18 is deployed.

This change will also mark the official end of our Early Enrollment period. There are still plenty of rough edges to polish, and more content and features to implement, but overall the game is further along than the minimum viable product envisioned in our early blogs as marking the beginning of Open Enrollment. In turn, that means Platinum accounts will begin using game month credits to remain active. To thank our Platinum players for all their support in getting us to this point, we’ll be granting an additional six months of game time to each Platinum account.

Shifting to character-based subscriptions basically means that credits for months of game time will be applied to an individual character rather than to an account, with the individual character getting marked as Active for one month. While Active, characters will earn Experience Points over time and generally be treated the way Training characters are currently treated on an Active account. However, any Inactive characters, regardless of whether any other characters on the account are Active, will be in Free Trial Mode (i.e. support restricted to level 6, no influence earned, no XP granted over time, can’t participate in territorial PvP games), not in the Active But Not Training state they’re currently in on Active accounts.

Unlike the current Set Training system, it won’t be possible to transfer the Active state from one character to another. Once a character is activated, that character will remain Active for a month. When that month runs out, if the character is set to Reactivate Automatically and there is a credit available on the account, that credit will be used to re-activate the character for another month. If not, the character will be de-activated and will go into Free Trial Mode.

To carry over the current Active/Training settings on each account as closely as possible, all Training characters on Active accounts will be set to Active characters with the same expiration date as currently on the account. If the account is not Suspended, the characters set to Active will also be set to Reactivate Automatically, so they will continue to use available game month credits to remain Active. All other characters will be set to Inactive.

Existing Auto-Billing choices will also be carried over and will work much as they do now, except the system will be checking to see if individual characters are about to go Inactive instead of checking the overall account’s state. If one or more characters set to Reactivate Automatically are scheduled to go Inactive in five days and there aren’t enough credits available on the account to re-activate them, Auto-Billing will purchase enough credits to cover those characters.

Character activation will be handled primarily on the Character Selection screen, not on the web site where account activation is generally handled now. Each character will have information about its activation status listed below it, and eligible Inactive characters will have an Activate button next to them (where the Delete button currently sits). Selecting Activate will walk players through the confirmation process, which will point them to the web site if there aren’t credits available and Auto-Billing isn’t set up to purchase additional credits. Active characters will have a Manage button next to them, used to set whether the character should Reactivate Automatically.

To make room for the Activate/Manage buttons, a single Delete button will be located at the bottom of the screen (where Set Training currently sits). This will temporarily put a Delete or Undelete button next to all eligible Inactive characters. Marking a character for deletion will work just as it does now, with the character getting deleted during the next Daily Maintenance.

For players with the Destiny’s Twin perk, twins will be automatically activated and deactivated together. Twins will still not be deletable, but it will be possible to let the twins go to Free Trial Mode while the third character is Active. If the Destiny’s Twin perk has not yet been applied, twinning will be offered as an option during the activation process whenever an Active untwinned character is available to twin with.
Edam
Sounds like a really positive change.

Three questions:
  1. Currently we cannot log in two characters on the same login simultaneously, will this change ?edit - answered above
  2. Are we still restricted to creating just 3 characters per login? If not, will it now be possible to amalgamate accounts?
  3. We currently can transfer/trade entire accounts between players. Will we be able to now just transfer individual characters?
You are a Troll
Seems like there are an awful lot of *promises* that are not only FAR from being fulfilled but also not even mentioned any more - as if they no longer count or matter or were never promises. How can GW declare Open Enrollment with so much left unfulfilled that many people specifically pledged extra $$$ for?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1675907842/pathfinder-online-a-fantasy-sandbox-mmo/description
Azure_Zero
You are a Troll
Seems like there are an awful lot of *promises* that are not only FAR from being fulfilled but also not even mentioned any more - as if they no longer count or matter or were never promises. How can GW declare Open Enrollment with so much left unfulfilled that many people specifically pledged extra $$$ for?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1675907842/pathfinder-online-a-fantasy-sandbox-mmo/description

Wow your right, stuff is missing;

Daily Deals
Honorable Title
Secret Salute
Regional Trait Pack
Additional Alliance Pack
Twice-Marked of Pharasma
The Memorial of Honor
Shield-Mate

And likely a few more.
You are a Troll
Also:

Brewmaster
Geography Buff
Magic Master (though maybe this is Tevis manuever? Still, should be 6 total)
Item Master
Famous Ancestor

I pledged at one of those levels listed above and never heard a single solitary word from GW regarding it.
Schedim
You are a Troll
Also:

I pledged at one of those levels listed above and never heard a single solitary word from GW regarding it.

Yuck, that is sooo bad, but completely in line with the Kickstarter honeytrap mentality that so many KS employed then (and perhaps still do?).

I really hope that GW do something about it!
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Kaziil
I love the up coming changes particularly the subscription ones. I don't usually come into the forums because of the negativity that is sprouted to often from a few of the players. Very glad I did this time smile
Bob
Edam
  • Are we still restricted to creating just 3 characters per login? If not, will it now be possible to amalgamate accounts?

We plan to eventually allow more than 3 characters per account, and to allow accounts to be combined, but don't have those features scheduled yet. The changes we're making in EE 18 do get us closer to being able to add those features though.

Edam
  • We currently can transfer/trade entire accounts between players. Will we be able to now just transfer individual characters?

We're obviously aware that accounts are sometimes transferred between players, but it's not generally something we're looking to support or encourage. The features that make it possible to transfer an account, like being able to change the email address and password on the account, are for the most part just essential account maintenance capabilities needed by individuals, and likely wouldn't have been implemented if they were just about account transfers.
Bob
You are a Troll

Open Enrollment was always a nebulous concept, but the important thing is that it wasn't intended to be the end-point of development, or even to mark the point at which we'd fulfilled all the Kickstarter rewards. Early Enrollment was really only intended to last 12-18 months, and on balance we've implemented roughly the level of content and features we planned to implement during that time. Given our available resources, that's included less art than planned, but more on the design and code front. There's more work to be done, and we still intend to get to the remaining Kickstarter rewards, but we feel the core gameplay is far enough along to consider the game a minimum viable product, particularly with the new subscription model.
Bob
You are a Troll
Also:

Brewmaster
Geography Buff
Magic Master (though maybe this is Tevis manuever? Still, should be 6 total)
Item Master
Famous Ancestor

I don't have all the records handy, but I thought emails were sent out very early on to the backers of all these rewards so we could at least get their initial thoughts on what they wanted implemented. That said, there probably wasn't much follow-up at the time to make sure everyone got back to us, since we weren't really ready to implement several of them and still aren't.

If any of you believe you backed one of these and never heard from us about it, please send an email to customer.support@pathfinderonline.com so I can make sure you're still on our list to get that reward.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post