Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Encumbrance stacking

NightmareSr
I have tried but I do not understand why the encumbrance bonuses from Strong Back and Strength Domain do not stack together. Can someone explain this to me?
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Azure_Zero
They likely use the same channel, hence they don't stack, I think there are like 3 or 4 channels for each stat/skill/etc.

It's the same with other; features, armor feats, defense feats, .. etc.
Bob
The Passive and Inherent channels are treated as the same channel, which is obviously confusing. We plan to revisit the whole channel system to sort out a few issues along these lines, but I'm not sure when we'll be able to schedule that work.
NightmareSr
Ah ok, the same channel made sense but I got confused by Passive for Strong Back and Inherent for Strength Domain.
Are there other channels like that, named different but are the same channel?
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Bob
NightmareSr
Are there other channels like that, named different but are the same channel?

On the Inherent/Passive issue, I should also mention that it's not 100% clear whether they should ultimately be just one channel or get split in two. I've found documentation suggesting both possibilities, though the things I've found most recently suggest they actually should be two separate channels. That's one of the things I need to look at closely when I finally do a full review of the system.

The larger problem is that most of the passive feats (defensive, reactive, feature, armor) aren't actually checking the spreadsheet to decide which channel they go to. Instead, they all just get sent to the Passive channel. The exceptions are the upgrade feats, which do check the spreadsheet to see whether they should go in the Upgrade or Racial channels. What that means is that feats saying they go in Upgrade or Racial will go where they say they do, and everything else will go in the Passive channel.

This is basically the result of these spreadsheets getting ahead of implementation, with the goal of letting players plan for the day channels got fully implemented. Unfortunately, that day is taking a lot longer to arrive than we'd originally thought.
You are a Troll
Bob
This is basically the result of these spreadsheets getting ahead of implementation, with the goal of letting players plan for the day channels got fully implemented. Unfortunately, that day is taking a lot longer to arrive than we'd originally thought.

Ya think?

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post