Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Accidental Emails

Bob
Some of you may have received some billing-related emails, like deactivation warnings this morning, with odd links that didn't go to pathfinderonline.com or goblinworks.com. Apologies, we were running an internal test and some of the safeguards to prevent external emails from getting sent out failed. Nothing actually happened to your account, so that email can be safely ignored.
Cole Brown
My bad guys, sorry.

I assure you the internal testing email raptors can no longer escape their safeguard cage.
Azure_Zero
Give those raptors some pigs to chase in their pen
Bob
Apparently a different bunch of raptors were waiting on Live, resulting in another batch of incorrect emails when the billing ran for real this morning. These ones are a little more obviously wrong, in that they say accounts will be deactivated in negative days, usually a very large number of negative days. Sorry for any confusion, and we'll take care of those raptors right away.
Bringslite
Is this under control or a cover to downplay the start of a Raptapocalypse? smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
Completely under control. Who ever heard of anything going wrong with a bunch of caged raptors?
Edam
It is probably worth mentioning that many people have multiple accounts and the current system where every account needs a new email is messy and results in a lot of missed emails.

Is there any reason why each account needs a unique email ?
Bob
Edam
It is probably worth mentioning that many people have multiple accounts and the current system where every account needs a new email is messy and results in a lot of missed emails.

Is there any reason why each account needs a unique email ?

It makes database searches quicker. If we can assume that each email address is unique, then we can stop searching as soon as we find a match. If not, then we have to search the entire database each time in case there are multiple accounts with the same address. In particular, for password resets where you just enter your email address, we'd always have to search the full database and send emails to every matching account.

For now, my suggestion is to take advantage of Plus Addressing. It works with gmail and several other email providers. Mail sent to RealUserName+Whatever@gmail.com actually goes to RealUserName@gmail.com. Our system sees each variant as a unique address, but you get all your email at one address. The downside is that you need to remember the variants if you need to do a password reset. However, if you forget them, I can find them for you using the customer support tools. The important thing is that you maintain access to the base email account.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post