Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Training Issues

Bob
Some players have reported that their characters on Live have started all showing as Not Training. If this happens to you, please contact us at customer.support@pathfinderonline.com so we can track down the issue more quickly and so we can be sure to correct any lost XP once any underlying issues have been fixed.
Azure_Zero
A question to ask them is did they switch the training to a new character, or was it left alone.
malmuerta
Azure_Zero
A question to ask them is did they switch the training to a new character, or was it left alone.
The answer is "No" Azure Zero. All my DT accounts are earning xp just fine. All my regular subscription accounts have training turned off and there is no way in the login UI to fix it. All accounts have plenty of time and reoccurring billing turned on.
NightmareSr
malmuerta
Azure_Zero
The answer is "No" Azure Zero. All my DT accounts are earning xp just fine. All my regular subscription accounts have training turned off and there is no way in the login UI to fix it. All accounts have plenty of time and reoccurring billing turned on.
That is scary. Especially since I am at work and have no way to check my accounts.

Bob,
Do you know when this started? It has been over 24hrs now since I logged into the game, so if mine aren't training then I won't know when they stopped. smile
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Bob
I'll be asking questions about things like Set Training or any other recent account activities from each person who reports a problem, but so far there isn't a clear pattern. It is possible that DT accounts are protected in some way, which may point toward a chunk of code that would treat those accounts differently, but I spotted at least one of my test DT accounts that was affected. Then again, my test accounts are regularly broken in a variety of interesting ways, so that might not mean anything. Hazard of being test accounts.

On the plus side, we do know what got broken, and we know how to fix it on any of the broken accounts. However, making the tool (or adding a function to an existing tool) to do so will involve a little work, so there may be a brief period where those accounts aren't earning XP. Fortunately, we will be able to restore any XP that's missed out on, and you can continue to play on those characters while waiting. It would still be best to report any broken accounts when you notice them so that we can include them on the list of accounts to track.
Bob
NightmareSr
That is scary. Especially since I am at work and have no way to check my accounts.

Bob,
Do you know when this started? It has been over 24hrs now since I logged into the game, so if mine aren't training then I won't know when they stopped. smile

Our current theory is that the accounts got broken when one of our daily scripts ran yesterday, so around 9 AM Thursday (Pacific).

For those who don't necessarily notice for a while that their accounts were affected, we'll be working on tools to identify any affected accounts and fix them back up. Reporting helps us make sure your account gets a little extra attention, and helps us track things down more quickly, but the fixes we have planned should take care of you whether you report the issue or not.

Also, so far it looks like this affected a minority of accounts. I spot-checked quite a few accounts just to look for broken ones, and the vast majority looked fine. Maybe I just got lucky, but it's at least a good sign.
Bob
We found the bugs that were breaking accounts and put the fixes for them up on Live. That should prevent this from happening again in the future.

In addition, we just ran a script to fix all the broken accounts, so you should all find that the correct characters are now training on your accounts and any missing XP was restored. If you notice any new or lingering issues, contact customer.support@pathfinderonline.com so we can sort them out.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post