Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Deities nad Domains

Edam
Bob
NightmareSr
Couldn't the PFO domains of 1st edition remain and just add whatever 2nd edition domains you choose later? Or simply change the name of existing PFO domains to a name from 2nd edition and keep them mechanically the same? Renaming should work for the temples and such in the case where a PFO deity is missing from 2nd edition, I think.

Yup, we could just grandfather in all the current domain assignments, only adding to them and never subtracting, then adjust everything around that as needed. We'd prefer to make everything match Second Edition, but something like that could be a workable compromise.

Or you could add the one or two problematic ones back into 2nd ed. smile
Gross
Given the absence of Dwarven deities in PFO and the shortage at present in PF2 flexibility for Dwarves to enable role playing based choices is necessary!
Mercenary monster hunter from Forgeholm
War priest of Angradd… patiently waiting on Goblinworks to deliver him (and greataxes, Dwarves need 2 handed axes).
Azure_Zero
Well my not make a 1st ed and 2nd ed deities and domains a dual-supporting of both since;
1) The game started with 1st ed Pathfinder
2) Not everything in 1st ed has a 2nd ed version
3) Since folks bought feats for specific deities that where modded in their conversion to 2nd ed.

4) Not everyone playing TT or PBP has switched to 2nd Ed and or wants to, like myself.
Bob
Bob
Azure_Zero
Well my not make a 1st ed and 2nd ed deities and domains a dual-supporting of both since;

We may very well wind up doing something like that. It'd be nice to call it out somehow, like "For those who hold to the old ways, X also supports the Y Domain."
Fox
Anything else under consideration for moving closer to 2e PF in addition to the Deity Domains?
Bob
Fox
Anything else under consideration for moving closer to 2e PF in addition to the Deity Domains?

Well, the Alchemist is drawn more from the 2e version than from 1e, though I did go back to 1e for inspiration on some of the feat names. That said, I haven't really looked to see how different they would have been if I'd started from a 1e perspective. Might very well have been pretty similar. Either way, they still needed a lot of adjustments to fit the way we handle roles overall.

There are also some touches of the latest happenings in Golarion in the Seekers escalation from this year's event, particularly during the last phase with the necromancers.

Other than that, the deities are the main thing currently on the roadmap with a big link to 2e changes, so they're the ones we've thought about enough to even start having a conversation about.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post