Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

OE 1 Release Notes

Bob
These are the Release Notes for Open Enrollment v1.0. The release build of OE 1.0 has been running on the Test Server since Wednesday, December 11 and was deployed to Live on Monday, December 16.

What Is In This Release

This release focuses on switching from our original account-based subscription model to a new character-based subscription model, allowing players to decide exactly which characters on their account are active and which are in Free Trial Mode. With that switch, we will be lowering the base price for a month of game time to $5 and crediting accounts on a roughly 3-1 basis for remaining and current months that were previously purchased at full price. A new Spellcrafter Structure was also added. Multiple other improvements were also made to various systems in order to keep steadily improving the overall player experience.

Full Release Notes

Character Subscriptions:
  • Characters can be activated individually, or as twins, from the Character Selection Screen.
  • The base price for game time is now $5 or 550 Azoth.
  • Multiple characters from the same account can be logged in simultaneously.
  • After a character is created on the Character Creation Screen, players are returned to the Character Selection Screen, where the new character can be activated and can select premium items to bring into the game.
  • Active characters can be managed from the Character Selection Screen. The primary option is to decide whether or not that character will Reactivate Automatically, meaning that it will attempt to use or purchase a game month credit when it’s current month of activity runs out.
  • Character deletion/undeletion is now handled by first hitting the “Delete…” button, then changing the deletion settings for each character, and finally hitting Done.
  • With the switch to Open Enrollment, Platinum accounts will no longer be comped, but will receive 6 months of extra game time to smooth the transition.

Spellcrafter Structure:
  • Settlements can now place Spellcrafter Structures, and any recipes or items needed to craft them are now available.
  • There is currently a bug with the trainers at this structure where they are stuck at trainer level 9. This will be fixed in the next update, which will ship before the holidays to support the holiday event.

Miscellaneous:
  • Aeon Stones now drop more frequently during lower-level escalations, though they’re still very rare. The distribution curve was also flattened a bit between lower-level and higher-level escalations.
  • Help text for Companies, Feuds, Influence and the Vault Window were updated and edited.
  • Roguishly Inspired now provide a Survival bonus instead of a Nature bonus.
  • Chill Touch once again causes Drained 100%.
  • The Goblinworks logo and Early Enrollment text were removed.
  • The Hand of Ranalc event during Broken Men gives proper Breaker achievement credit.
Bob
All active accounts were converted to the new subscription model and granted their extra months, where appropriate. The Free Trial Mode accounts will be converting in the background today. They can log in before they're converted, just not activate characters or see any game months that will be added.

The web site was also updated with the new pricing ($5 for 1 month, $25 for 6 months, $45 for 12 months).
Azure_Zero
I am hoping to be able to manage the billing/activation day of my accounts/characters within the next few updates…
Bob
Azure_Zero
I am hoping to be able to manage the billing/activation day of my accounts/characters within the next few updates…

I've got a feature request in our database to look into this. Might not be too hard to add something, but things do get a little more complicated with the per-character switch. We'd might still need a failsafe that would purchase more months if we noticed you were out of credits 5 days before a character was going to be deactivated, just in case someone activated more characters after their preferred billing date and the system hadn't purchased enough to cover that. And of course, there'd always be the chance that our billing script didn't run on your preferred date and instead ran a day or two later, but we'd get you as close to that day as we could.
Bob
We have not yet updated the Account and Subscription pages on the web site to properly reflect your Active/Inactive status. As part of the conversion process, we deactivated the account to keep our data clean, but that means the web site will now show accounts with Active characters as being Inactive. We'll get that fixed as soon as we can, but for now you can check your activity status on the Character Selection screen in-game.
Azure_Zero
Bob
Azure_Zero

I've got a feature request in our database to look into this. Might not be too hard to add something, but things do get a little more complicated with the per-character switch. We'd might still need a failsafe that would purchase more months if we noticed you were out of credits 5 days before a character was going to be deactivated, just in case someone activated more characters after their preferred billing date and the system hadn't purchased enough to cover that. And of course, there'd always be the chance that our billing script didn't run on your preferred date and instead ran a day or two later, but we'd get you as close to that day as we could.

It could set so if they miss the activation date by 5 days it'll just bill them then and there that day and add half of the missed days in EXP.
If they are over the 5 days then they have to wait until activation day.

I'll be keeping my character's set as they are until I have the ability to control activation day for all characters on a account.
Edam
Good patch, well done.

Sooo … if I understand correctly your account has a single pool of credits which you can share between your characters that shows up on the website. You then choose which characters are using that pool from the selection screen when you login your characters ?
Harad Navar
It appears that we are still limited to 3 characters per account. Is this correct?
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
Lisa Stevens
Harad Navar
It appears that we are still limited to 3 characters per account. Is this correct?

For the moment, yes. The long term plan is to allow you to combine accounts so you can put all your characters on one page. But that turned out to be much more complicated than expected, so got moved into the "nice for the future" pile so that OE1 could get out the door.

-Lisa
Bob
Edam
Sooo … if I understand correctly your account has a single pool of credits which you can share between your characters that shows up on the website. You then choose which characters are using that pool from the selection screen when you login your characters ?

That is correct. For example, if you have automatic billing set up to by 12 months of credits at a time, but have two active characters on your account (not twins), then those credits will last 6 months before you get billed again. Likewise, if you already have 27 credits on your account, and 3 active characters (no twins), those credits will last 9 months before you need to buy more.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post