Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

The Eternal Youth Sequence

NightmareSr
Not to pressure, but will there be emails sent out or an announcement for the Individual rewards? I assume those are just more time consuming and involved to calculate.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Bob
NightmareSr
Not to pressure, but will there be emails sent out or an announcement for the Individual rewards? I assume those are just more time consuming and involved to calculate.

Yes, I'll start sending out emails for those on Tuesday (Paizo's offices are closed today for Martin Luther King Jr. Day). I wanted to wait until I'd been able to respond to the initial wave of settlement requests, which turned out to be a particularly good thing when we discovered not all the emails were going out. Now that everything is fixed and settled down, I'll jump back on that tomorrow.
NightmareSr
Terrific, and quick. Thanks a bunch Bob.
Garric Orcsbane
Out of curiosity, which achievements counted toward individual awards?
Bob
Bob
NightmareSr

Yes, I'll start sending out emails for those on Tuesday (Paizo's offices are closed today for Martin Luther King Jr. Day). I wanted to wait until I'd been able to respond to the initial wave of settlement requests, which turned out to be a particularly good thing when we discovered not all the emails were going out. Now that everything is fixed and settled down, I'll jump back on that tomorrow.

Some issues came up on Tuesday that monopolized all our time for the last couple days, and will likely continue to distract us for several more days, but I did finally manage to get all these emails sent out. If you were expecting to be rewarded some Character Points and have not yet received an email about the rewards, write to customer.support@pathfinderonline.com and tell me which character you were expecting rewards for.
Bob
Garric Orcsbane
Out of curiosity, which achievements counted toward individual awards?

Boss Cultist Slayer
Boss Ghoul Slayer
Boss Necromancer Slayer
Boss Skeleton Slayer
Elite Ghoul Slayer
Elite Skeleton Slayer
Youthful
NightmareSr
Just out of curiosity, what largest individual points gained by a character?
I spent more time clearing the lower escalations than working on the new Eternal Youth escalation so I'm sure that is why I got a small amount of points but just curious what the high side was.
Bob
NightmareSr
I spent more time clearing the lower escalations than working on the new Eternal Youth escalation so I'm sure that is why I got a small amount of points but just curious what the high side was.

The highest number of points was 15, just enough to get a T3 recipe or expendable. In retrospect, I wish I'd set the rules up to be a bit more generous, but this is how we learn. smile
NightmareSr
Bob
NightmareSr

The highest number of points was 15, just enough to get a T3 recipe or expendable. In retrospect, I wish I'd set the rules up to be a bit more generous, but this is how we learn. smile
Since it wasn't very generous, would it be too late to adjust what can be purchased with the points?
Seems only a few or 1 character got enough for a T3 recipe/expendable.
Maybe like grading a test on a curve the value of points could be curved?
Edit below with suggestion:
Maybe instead of:
(Tier 3 recipes/expendables cost 15 points, Tier 2 recipes/expendables cost 5 points, Tier 1 recipes/expendables cost 2 points, holdings cost 10 points plus 2 per upgrade, outposts cost 5 points plus 1 per upgrade).
It could be:
(Tier 3 recipes/expendables cost 8 points, Tier 2 recipes/expendables cost 3 points, Tier 1 recipes/expendables cost 1 points, holdings cost 5 points plus 2 per upgrade, outposts cost 3 points plus 1 per upgrade).
This would mean more players could get a T3 but the highest with 15 points can't get 2 T3 recipes/expendables, and the highest at 15 could get a +5 holding but couldn't get 2 +5 outposts.
Just a thought is all. smile
Edam
Bob
NightmareSr

In terms of personal rewards:
  • keeping the list of what achievements counted super secret was annoying and counterproductive
  • loading almost all the reward points into the latter parts of the final escalation meant some people put in days of work for virtually no points
  • the level 4 cutoff for the "Youthful" achievements was almost impossible to achieve

Question - can people "donate" some of their reward points to others in an effort to get enough on one character to obtain something useful

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post