Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

The Eternal Youth Sequence

Bob
NightmareSr
Since it wasn't very generous, would it be too late to adjust what can be purchased with the points?
Seems only a few or 1 character got enough for a T3 recipe/expendable.
Maybe like grading a test on a curve the value of points could be curved?

I was very, very, ridiculously tempted to adjust the rewards, but ultimately decided that any post-event changes lead to the argument of "I would have done things differently if those were the rules." The game is all about meaningful choices, after all, and some players will have chosen what to focus on depending on what they felt was achievable given the rules as they were. I will, however, try to err in the other direction next time. smile
NightmareSr
Bob
NightmareSr
Since it wasn't very generous, would it be too late to adjust what can be purchased with the points?
Seems only a few or 1 character got enough for a T3 recipe/expendable.
Maybe like grading a test on a curve the value of points could be curved?

I was very, very, ridiculously tempted to adjust the rewards, but ultimately decided that any post-event changes lead to the argument of "I would have done things differently if those were the rules." The game is all about meaningful choices, after all, and some players will have chosen what to focus on depending on what they felt was achievable given the rules as they were. I will, however, try to err in the other direction next time. smile
Well that certainly makes sense. I guess I would have just spent more of my time running around in the last escalation and not wasted so much time clearing the first 5 in the sequence. Live and learn I guess. smile
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Bob
Edam
  • keeping the list of what achievements counted super secret was annoying and counterproductive
    Fair point. I didn't want to give everything away by revealing them before anyone had been through the new escalation, but probably should have posted a list sometime before Phase 2.

Edam
  • loading almost all the reward points into the latter parts of the final escalation meant some people put in days of work for virtually no points
  • Yeah, I didn't differentiate the early mobs enough to give them their own Slayer achievements, and the later mobs got most of them because they were so much tougher than anything else along their lines that they deserved Elite and Boss classifications. Something to keep in mind if we do this again, though we may also want to think about different ways to track event-related actions. Achievements were a handy thing we could easily track, but they're not the most flexible way to track things.

Edam
    • the level 4 cutoff for the "Youthful" achievements was almost impossible to achieve
    That was pretty hard. Some people did manage it, but I probably should have set the cutoff for that one lower than I did for the others.

Edam
    Question - can people "donate" some of their reward points to others in an effort to get enough on one character to obtain something useful

The rules were set up to encourage focusing on one character throughout the event, in part to minimize the number of characters I'd have to manually email and arrange awards for (yeah, I know, lazy me). As such, they couldn't allow for pooling points, because otherwise you'd actually be better off switching to another character once you'd hit rank 4 in a few achievements. That's because less kills are required to get to level 4 again than are required to get to level 5.

The rewards also tend to go up in value in such a way that pooling points would almost always be the only strategy that made any sense, and I wanted these to be personal rewards, not group rewards.

TL;DR: Nope.
    Bob
    NightmareSr
    Live and learn I guess. smile

Hopefully I will do the same.
    Masked Dwarf
    Bob
    Edam

Question - can people "donate" some of their reward points to others in an effort to get enough on one character to obtain something useful

TL;DR: Nope.
    Ok, so since I got 3 points I could get 1 - T1 recipe/expendable, but then what do I do with the remaining 1 point? Pick my teeth with it I suppose?
    - Mercenary for monster annihilation needs -
    Bob
    Masked Dwarf
    Ok, so since I got 3 points I could get 1 - T1 recipe/expendable, but then what do I do with the remaining 1 point? Pick my teeth with it I suppose?

Yeah, the math doesn't always work out. But teeth gotta be picked, so there is that.
    Edam
    Bob
    Masked Dwarf

Yeah, the math doesn't always work out. But teeth gotta be picked, so there is that.

Have them carry over to another event later in the year ?

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post