Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

The Eternal Youth Sequence

Bob
Here are the final results for all the settlements that completed at least 1 escalation during Phase 3:

• Carpe Noctem 5-6: First Place on Phase 3!
  • Keeper's Pass 1-2: Second Place on Phase 3!
  • Forgeholm 4-4-4-4-4-4-5: Third Place on Phase 3!
  • Alderwag 2-3: Currently on escalation 6 (Seekers from the Citadel) at 186072 strength.
  • Aragon 2-3-2-3: Currently on escalation 5 (Over the Crown) at 91585 strength.
  • University Commons 1-1: Currently on escalation 5 (Over the Crown) at 99200 strength.
  • Cauchemar 3-3-3: Currently on escalation 4 (Elemental Rift) at 44214.5 strength.
  • Fort Ouroboros 4-4-4: Currently on escalation 4 (Elemental Rift) at 48185.5 strength.
  • Caer Coedwig 2-3: Currently on escalation 3 (Duergar Slavers) at 6283.5 strength.
  • Hammerfall 1-2: Currently on escalation 3 (Duergar Slavers) at 15118.5 strength.
  • Talonguard 1-6: Currently on escalation 3 (Duergar Slavers) at 18253 strength.
  • Oak Knoll 4-5: Currently on escalation 3 (Duergar Slavers) at 20750.5 strength.
  • Dun Baile 6-6: Currently on escalation 3 (Duergar Slavers) at 22100 strength.
  • Emerald Lodge 3-4: Currently on escalation 3 (Duergar Slavers) at 24000 strength.
  • Mediash 6-6: Currently on escalation 3 (Duergar Slavers) at 24350 strength.
  • Ozem's Vigil 1-2: Currently on escalation 2 (Skull-Basher Ogres) at 18045.75 strength.
Bob
That all totals up to 167 escalations and 9 sequences completed in the assigned hexes over the course of the event. Nice work everyone! Here's an overall list of what all the settlements that completed at least 1 escalation achieved:

• Carpe Noctem 5-6: First Place on All Phases! Completed 18 Escalations.
  • Keeper's Pass 1-2: Second Place on Phases 2 and 3, Third Place on Phase 1! Completed 18 Escalations.
  • Aragon 2-3-2-3: Second Place on Phase 1! Completed 15 Escalations.
  • Alderwag 2-3: Third Place on Phase 2! Completed 15 Escalations.
  • Forgeholm 4-4-4-4-4-4-5: Third Place on Phase 3! Completed 14 Escalations.
  • University Commons 1-1: Completed 12 Escalations.
  • Cauchemar 3-3-3: Completed 9 Escalations.
  • Oak Knoll 4-5: Completed 9 Escalations.
  • Ozem's Vigil 1-2: Completed 9 Escalations.
  • Fort Ouroboros 4-4-4: Completed 8 Escalations.
  • Caer Coedwig 2-3: Completed 8 Escalations.
  • Hammerfall 1-2: Completed 8 Escalations.
  • Emerald Lodge 3-4: Completed 7 Escalations.
  • Talonguard 1-6: Completed 4 Escalations.
  • Blackwood Glade 1-2: Completed 4 Escalations.
  • Mediash 6-6: Completed 3 Escalations.
  • Dun Baile 6-6: Completed 2 Escalations.
  • Corbenik 5-5: Completed 2 Escalations.
  • Phaeros 3-4: Completed 1 Escalation.
  • Callambea 4-5: Completed 1 Escalation.
Bob
The Eternal Youth Sequences have all now stopped, leaving whatever escalation was running in each hex to finish up naturally and then be followed by the usual fallow time before being replaced by a random escalation. That means there's still one Seekers from the Citadel out there, along with two Over the Crowns, plus the remaining Nhur Athemon Sequences.
Gross
The third phase race was a killer… not spent that many hours in PFO in a week in a long time…. or left so many husks for a while.
Mercenary monster hunter from Forgeholm
War priest of Angradd… patiently waiting on Goblinworks to deliver him (and greataxes, Dwarves need 2 handed axes).
Bob
Gross
The third phase race was a killer… not spent that many hours in PFO in a week in a long time…. or left so many husks for a while.

Aw, you're making me blush smile
malmuerta
Thanks Bob for such a great year end event! It truly had a little something for everyone. Like Gross, now I just have to restock my spares for gear. smile
Edam
Gross

Finishing the final one was such a hurdle for small settlements/groups a lot of people chose not to even start smile Keepers did that third phase entirely in house and right up to the final day there was a risk we may not get it down and we are by no means a small settlement.

In retrospect, for the recent challenge, it may have been better splitting it into two stages at the crossover between the iron dudes and the hippies with minor rewards for settlements completing stage one. Overall though I think it was a good challenge and worked well, so no real complaints.

In terms of a recurring escalation I doubt much needs tweaking, the single huge 200K strength spawn where lower level players can contribute to the initial half (or you can burn through it by splitting the party and blitzing) is likely fine just as it is.
NightmareSr
Not to be picky Exam, but the Seekers of the Citadel was 250K not 200K, I think.
And if I recall correct, Over the crown is 100K and Emerald Aristocrats is 120K. The 120k to 250k jump in strength coupled with the fact that bandits are first in Seekers (not to mention bandits are everywhere outside escalations), I think a slight tweak would be nice to either weaken/shorten it or better yet just balance the strength better.
The first part with bandits drops strength very slow but bandits last for near the same percentage. Contrast to the necromancer's at the end drop the strength by a nice percentage but means they don't last very long. Feels to me like a different "balance" is needed for each mob in the new Seekers of the Citadel, so it is closer to needing to kill the same number of not bandits as not necromancer's and etc.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
malmuerta
NightmareSr
Not to be picky Exam, but the Seekers of the Citadel was 250K not 200K, I think.
Somehow I thought is was starting at 195K. Funny how eye witnesses are the worst…
NightmareSr
malmuerta
NightmareSr
Somehow I thought is was starting at 195K. Funny how eye witnesses are the worst…
That is true, we might even all be wrong. smile
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post