Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

*Ahem* About those Alchemists...

NightmareSr
Bob
Cauchemar
This is very interesting, but I am curious if the trainer and building changes will be decided and announced before the combat alchemist is ready for testing on zog, or if it will be a later decision with some temporary add when the alchemist is first launched?
Mainly I am waiting to build/place any combat buildings in Cauchemar until the new Alchemist changes are decided.

Any structures needed for the combat alchemists probably won't be ready before they launch, but shouldn't take too long to put together afterward. We'll try to at least make a decision on which new structures will be created soon, but it's a complicated choice, and will likely require a bit more research and thought. Waiting is a good plan for now, and we'll try to keep the wait short.
I think it is certainly more important to get the trainers added correctly than to rush it and change later or have issues later.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare – cauchemar.pfo@gmail.com
Azure_Zero
Bob
NightmareSr
I didn't think about the other future roles at all. That makes more sense then, but does leave a hard decision for where to but the crazy alchemist. So sorcerers and bards for university, but are there already plans for the other roles/classes to go to current large buildings, whenever they get added to the game?

Nothing's locked down, and some roles may shift around a bit due to second edition, but here's some of the thoughts from when the structures were initially designed:

• Barracks: Fighter, Aristocrat, Ranger
  • Cathedral: Cleric, Paladin
  • Guild House: Expert, Freeholder, Rogue
  • Training Field: Barbarian, Rogue, Ranger
  • University: Wizard, Bard, Sorcerer

Well Looking at the Inital Buildings, I see Druid is missing, and I thought Aristocrat would be better at the Keep itself.
But If I had to Fit in Alchemist, to one it'd be GuildHouse.
Reasons:
1) Expert and Freeholder are Non-Combat classes
2) Alchemist would be likely using Light armours (Skimisher)
3) Using Ranged and light weapons (Skimisher)

Bob
NightmareSr
I like standards and matching things so only crafting/refining in the smalls, 2 crafts in mediums with then the combats all being multiples in the larges and single combat trainer in the mediums would mean the new combat Alchemist should be added to a large building and have a single trainer medium.

Standards do make things easier to understand. In general it's true that each role gets one dedicated medium, but there's also at least one medium covering their favored weapons, and the alchemists's tools feel different enough from other weapons that it feels like it deserves a new medium as well.

So Alchemists get Two New Mediums, or one that gives both the; features, Armours, utilities and also the Attacks, reactives/defensives, and the other general feats needed?

Also then are you going to make a New Holding for the Alchemist that folks could buy their Attacks, reactives/defensives, and the other general feats needed for the Alchemist?

Bob
NightmareSr
Is the new combat alchemist getting just one trainer like the rogue, 2 trainers like current clerics, or 3 trainers like the wizard and fighter?

I'm thinking just one trainer for the non-attack alchemist feats and 1 trainer for the attack (alchemist's tools) feats.

Every Class has a Feature trainer and Attack trainer, like Rogue and Fighter, so seems a Standard is being followed.
So I'm guessing a New Holding will be in the works since every class holding covers that classes attacks ?

Bob
NightmareSr
If the new Alchemist has any required proficiency that has to be trained from existing trainers then the new trainer should really be added to a large building that has that trainer. Otherwise maybe it needs a new large building that is like the guild but has the combat alchemist instead of rogue with expert, freeholder and then have the crafting alchemist or whatever else fits/needed instead of the skirmisher.

Alchemists have their own proficiencies that should be on their own trainer.

I believe he was asking more if the new trainer would be; added to a existing large building, a new Large varient of a building that uses the trainer, or that a trainer is swapped out of a existing Large building to add the new one?
Garric Orcsbane
Since the best Alchemists are bartenders the trainer should be in the Tavern.
NightmareSr
Garric Orcsbane
That makes sense to me and seems like a perfect idea.
You are a Troll
NightmareSr
Garric Orcsbane
That makes sense to me and seems like a perfect idea.

Excellent idea! Make mine a double please!!
Maxen
Garric Orcsbane

+100
Garric Orcsbane
Maxen
Garric Orcsbane

+100
+100 Proof that is
Bob
Azure_Zero
Well Looking at the Inital Buildings, I see Druid is missing, and I thought Aristocrat would be better at the Keep itself.

Yeah, the designs hadn't been fully worked out for every role, so it's not surprising some are missing. And the Keep could be a good place for the Aristocrat, depending on exactly how they get handled.

Azure_Zero
So Alchemists get Two New Mediums, or one that gives both the; features, Armours, utilities and also the Attacks, reactives/defensives, and the other general feats needed?

Most likely two new Mediums, the general rule being that attack feats are handled at a different location than all the others. Then a mix of those trainers is provided at whatever Large structure handles that role.

Azure_Zero
Also then are you going to make a New Holding for the Alchemist that folks could buy their Attacks, reactives/defensives, and the other general feats needed for the Alchemist?

Hadn't thought about that, but it does look like they should have one. Interesting question is whether or not a holding like that should also do Alchemist crafting, though holdings generally stick to refining.

I guess they'll also need an Adventurer's Cottage and their own buff to go with it.

Azure_Zero
Bob
NightmareSr
If the new Alchemist has any required proficiency that has to be trained from existing trainers then the new trainer should really be added to a large building that has that trainer. Otherwise maybe it needs a new large building that is like the guild but has the combat alchemist instead of rogue with expert, freeholder and then have the crafting alchemist or whatever else fits/needed instead of the skirmisher.

Alchemists have their own proficiencies that should be on their own trainer.

I believe he was asking more if the new trainer would be; added to a existing large building, a new Large varient of a building that uses the trainer, or that a trainer is swapped out of a existing Large building to add the new one?

Most likely I'd either add a trainer to an existing Large (probably Guild House) or make a new Large variant. I also realized there is one set of proficiencies the Alchemists will use that's already at other buildings, namely the armor proficiencies. However, they split between Light and Clothing, and I don't think any Large currently covers both of those. Guild House does at least already cover Light.
Bob
Garric Orcsbane

I'd be tempted to put the Visiting Alchemist Trainer there, but want to take advantage of the fact that Keeps get upgraded.
NightmareSr
Looks like plenty of us with different opinions usually have all agreed that an Alchemist Bartender is the way to go.
Soooo, If this is really "Crowdforged" then that is where the new Alchemist should go, right? smile

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post