Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Hex not being protected?

Forgetful
It seems an allied holding/hex is protecting one of the core 6 of Blackwood Glade, but not another of the core 6, which the allied hex also abuts. Does anyone know a reason for this kind of (seemingly erroneous) behavior? Thanks.
Bob
Protected status can get a little complicated and we don't give you a lot of feedback about which hexes protection is or isn't coming from, or why. I'd need to know which specific hex feels wrong in order to dig into it, but one thing I often find when looking into these things is that the hex is having its protection overridden by a scheduled monster invasion from a neighboring monster hex.
Forgetful
That makes sense, and it is adjacent to one, but can that happen even if the PvP window is several days away?
Bob
Forgetful
That makes sense, and it is adjacent to one, but can that happen even if the PvP window is several days away?

Hmm, I didn't think it would, but it's possible that it can. We don't want invasions on non-PvP days, but we may be depending on the fact that invasions won't run if the holding isn't eligible to be raided, and that's only allowed on PvP days. If the protection is just being overridden on random days, and if nothing about the neighboring holdings is changing (no teardowns, no alliance shifts, no shutdowns, … ), and if it only happens when there was an escalation running in the monster hex during Daily Maintenance, then that's probably what's happening.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post