Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

RE: Valid Enchant Group

Rhethwyn
Pulling my hair out here working on a spreadsheet, maybe someone on here can point me in the right direction:

The sheet is primarily INDEX & MATCH formulae to help reference the Wiki. The snag I've run into has to do with enchanting. Rummaging through the Wiki I haven't found any reference to what Valid Enchant Group is assigned to a crafted item, only a Category. Let me give an example here:

I craft a Lavish Ring and want to enchant it with Superior Scavenger, a T3 enchantment on a T3 item. When the ring was crafted it was assigned a Category of "Finger", not "Ring", so when my spreadsheet tries to make sure the enchantment will go on the item there is no match. The game will, naturally, still enchant the item, so I know there's either a VEG assigned to the item, a Category associated with a VEG, or some sort of intermediary look-up list.

Anyone have any ideas here?
Kenton Stone
I am not 100% sure I understand your question but I believe it revolves around the difference between
the [Valid Enchanting Group] and the [Item Category]

The [Valid Enchanting Group] being the actual item and Tier and this being altered to the [Item Category] which is the slot on your paper doll the item can be slotted in.

This is all kinda meshed up on the [Misc Gear] tab and requires some parsing to sort it all out.
Bob
The column you're looking for is labeled Valid Enchant Groups and is found on the Recipes (Enchanting), Misc Gear, Weapons (Standard), Weapons (Caster) and Armor tabs. On the Recipes (Enchanting) tab, the entry in that column for Superior Scavenger is "Hat 3, Ring 3". On the Misc Gear tab, the entry in that column for Lavish Ring is "Finger 3, Ring 3". Since Ring 3 appears in both of them, Lavish Rings can be enchanted with Superior Scavenger.

Rhethwyn
Bob
The column you're looking for is labeled Valid Enchant Groups and is found on the Recipes (Enchanting), Misc Gear, Weapons (Standard), Weapons (Caster) and Armor tabs. On the Recipes (Enchanting) tab, the entry in that column for Superior Scavenger is "Hat 3, Ring 3". On the Misc Gear tab, the entry in that column for Lavish Ring is "Finger 3, Ring 3". Since Ring 3 appears in both of them, Lavish Rings can be enchanted with Superior Scavenger.
You da man. (Since my project is a crafting sheet I was looking at the crafting recipe for the tag, thinking the VEG was assigned there.)
smile

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post