Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Feud details?

NightmareSr
Are the rules, requirements and cost for feuds posted anywhere?
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Bob
I believe this blog post is still basically accurate, as is the Feuds entry in the in-game Help.
NightmareSr
Thanks Bob.
You are a Troll
Everyone remember to check your feuds each day for the next few weeks, looks like Chauchemar is on the march! smile
NightmareSr
Not really just wanted to know the cost so I could calculate how many years it would take me to have enough influence for it.
Edam
Just remember when calculating which day a feud needs to be declared - you start with the phase of the moon, then if it is NOT a Tuesday you subtract the current moon phase as a percentage of 24 hours from Seattle time and multiply by the current exchange rate for Japanese Yen. If it Tuesday use the exchange rate for the Mexican Peso instead. Once you have that worked out check whether either Saturn or Jupiter are aligned with Mars, if they are then double the result (unless the conjunction is occurring in a Fire sign in which case triple the result).

Once you have done these initial simple calculations take the difference between the current UTC day and the day that would have resulted if we still used the Julian Calendar. Adjust for precession of the equinoxes and there you have it … simple really.
Lisa Stevens
Edam
Just remember when calculating which day a feud needs to be declared - you start with the phase of the moon, then if it is NOT a Tuesday you subtract the current moon phase as a percentage of 24 hours from Seattle time and multiply by the current exchange rate for Japanese Yen. If it Tuesday use the exchange rate for the Mexican Peso instead. Once you have that worked out check whether either Saturn or Jupiter are aligned with Mars, if they are then double the result (unless the conjunction is occurring in a Fire sign in which case triple the result).

Once you have done these initial simple calculations take the difference between the current UTC day and the day that would have resulted if we still used the Julian Calendar. Adjust for precession of the equinoxes and there you have it … simple really.

Now THAT is classic Edam!
NightmareSr
Well at least Edam worked out the calculation. I agree though, classic Edam.
I was really just thinking of mechanics in the game that i don't understand yet, which feuds is one of them, the other is settlement warfare but I don't care to do that at all.
Could the rules from the help menu in game be put into a google doc of some kind like the PFO WIKI google sheet is already? That way we could read up on them without being in game standing some where random will reading the odd in game font. smile

oh also, I do not want to know how you devised the calculation Edam, so please do not tell me.
Garric Orcsbane
Edam

I thought we also had to calculate the square root of purple and round up the date?
Bob
NightmareSr
Could the rules from the help menu in game be put into a google doc of some kind like the PFO WIKI google sheet is already? That way we could read up on them without being in game standing some where random will reading the odd in game font. smile

I've been considering that, or possibly adding them as web pages. The tricky part is that the help text has a bunch of formatting codes mixed in to make it display nicely. In most cases, it could just be stripped out, but there are some cases where the formatting is essential to understanding the text, like where the text is displayed in a particular color to show you which color you'll see in-game.

I'll file a feature request to look into it.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post