These are the Preliminary Release Notes for Open Enrollment v2.0. We deployed a Final Candidate for OE 2.0 to the Test Server on Monday, March 16. We plan to deploy OE 2.0 to Live during Daily Maintenance on Tuesday, March 17, assuming it performs well during final testing.
What Is In This Release
This release adds a new role, the Combat Alchemist, focused on quickly crafting alchemical weapons on the battlefield to heal others, mutate themselves and generally blow stuff up. There are new feats to learn, new achievements to earn, and new items to craft and wield. Multiple other improvements were also made to various systems in order to keep steadily improving the overall player experience.
Full Release Notes
- Three new Feature Feats (Chirurgeon, Mutagenist, Bomber) let Combat Alchemists specialize in healing/protecting allies with elixirs, simultaneously buffing and debuffing themselves with mutagens , or damaging enemies with bombs and other alchemical items. The formulas for these are slotted to a new type of implement, the Formula Book.
- A new weapon type (Alchemist’s Tools) provides multiple bomb attacks that do a great deal of damage to large numbers of enemies at the cost of risking additional damage to the attacker. These attacks use a new type of ammo (Reagents) that are stored in a new type of ammo container (Bandoliers).
- The new Role Achievement for Combat Alchemist levels characters up as they learn appropriate feats.
- There are also new Armor, Defensive, Reactive and Utility feats available that let Combat Alchemists specialize further, and some may be useful for other roles as well.
- Feats for Combat Alchemists are available from Visiting Combat Alchemist Trainers. These trainers are available at the Alchemist building in Thornkeep and at the Keep in other settlements.
- Unlike other feats, using a mutagen removes all remaining buffs and debuffs from any previous mutagens.
- New Combat Alchemist Formulas and Recipes drop as loot.
- Salvaged Reagents drop as loot, though a little less often than other salvaged ammo.
- Snake Oil, Tears of Razmir, Signal Smoke Stick and Toxic Glowing Moss are properly sorted under Crafting/Salvage in vaults.
- The default prices for Auction House sales are now 30c to start, dropping to a minimum of 20c.
- Tooltips on Auction House sales records correctly say “paid” or “received”.
- Over the Crown events Strike Force, Commanding Presence and Enforcement of Will now use sub-bosses for some of the mobs, meaning they have more health than usual, but not as much as a boss.
- Radiant Ghouls and Iron Fang Mages are as tough as their comrades.
- Academy Alchemists don’t get confused between papers and shards.
- Editing pass on Feature Feat descriptions.