Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

OE 2.0 Release Notes

Azure_Zero
I think the basic introductory recipes of the Combat Alchemist should of been Common, and not Uncommon.
Bob
Azure_Zero
I think the basic introductory recipes of the Combat Alchemist should of been Common, and not Uncommon.
I didn't see a clear pattern of doing that with other roles, though it's possible I just wasn't looking at the most appropriate examples. At this point, it would probably be better to add in some common recipes than to switch any of the existing ones to common, assuming it's still worth doing so after a fair number of those recipes drop in the near future.
Azure_Zero
Bob
Azure_Zero
I didn't see a clear pattern of doing that with other roles, though it's possible I just wasn't looking at the most appropriate examples. At this point, it would probably be better to add in some common recipes than to switch any of the existing ones to common, assuming it's still worth doing so after a fair number of those recipes drop in the near future.

I believe Cleric (Icono) and Wizard(Arti) have level 0 recipes for Charges(Ammo) and a Charge Gem (Container)
Even archers had Level 0 Bowyer recipes for making Arrows and a woven Quiver, with the first Bows being a Level 1 common recipe.
Every Class (Cleric, Fighter, Rogue, Wizard) had a Introductory Impliment and weapon at a crafting facility at available at level 1 as a Common recipe.

So every class and weapon before combat alchemist had it basics covered with common recipes at levels 0 and 1 at various facilities and that is a clear pattern that matched up with every weapon and class before combat alchemist.
Bob
Azure_Zero
I believe Cleric (Icono) and Wizard(Arti) have level 0 recipes for Charges(Ammo) and a Charge Gem (Container)
Even archers had Level 0 Bowyer recipes for making Arrows and a woven Quiver, with the first Bows being a Level 1 common recipe.
Every Class (Cleric, Fighter, Rogue, Wizard) had a Introductory Impliment and weapon at a crafting facility at available at level 1 as a Common recipe.

So every class and weapon before combat alchemist had it basics covered with common recipes at levels 0 and 1 at various facilities and that is a clear pattern that matched up with every weapon and class before combat alchemist.

Yeah, I think what happened is that I spotted some of the exceptions and didn't treat them as the exceptions that prove the rule. For example, Toolkits and Holdout Weapons don't have any common recipes, but one can argue that Freeholder and Expert aren't typical roles. Likewise, I noted that some weapons like Battleaxes and Spears don't have common recipes, but those are all arguably alternative weapons.

In part, I'm thinking of Combat Alchemist as a slightly more advanced role, so I was more inclined to look for an argument to make the recipes uncommon than to make them common. Perhaps that was a little unfair to the role. If so, at least there's an easy fix.
Azure_Zero
Bob
….

In part, I'm thinking of Combat Alchemist as a slightly more advanced role, so I was more inclined to look for an argument to make the recipes uncommon than to make them common. Perhaps that was a little unfair to the role. If so, at least there's an easy fix.

I agree this does seem like an advance role and maybe should have more uncommon recipes, but every combat class at least gives the basics recipes so even a new player can make the things they need for their combat alchemist to do something without needing to hunt for recipes for even the basics.
Bob
Azure_Zero
I agree this does seem like an advance role and maybe should have more uncommon recipes, but every combat class at least gives the basics recipes so even a new player can make the things they need for their combat alchemist to do something without needing to hunt for recipes for even the basics.

Valid point. Of course, we generally don't want to push too hard for those pursuing a combat role to rank up in crafting feats if they don't want to, and sometimes they have to reach rank 2 (or maybe higher) to craft some of those items. However, it is generally offered as an option for those 4 main combat roles, and probably wouldn't hurt to do the same for Combat Alchemist. We'll see how it goes, then figure out how any adjustments fit in with our other priorities.
NightmareSr
Bob
Azure_Zero

Valid point. Of course, we generally don't want to push too hard for those pursuing a combat role to rank up in crafting feats if they don't want to, and sometimes they have to reach rank 2 (or maybe higher) to craft some of those items. However, it is generally offered as an option for those 4 main combat roles, and probably wouldn't hurt to do the same for Combat Alchemist. We'll see how it goes, then figure out how any adjustments fit in with our other priorities.

On this topic of aligning with other combat roles, I think the more important need factor would be: Are the new Combat Alchemist structures going to require a weapon in their recipe, like the existing combat buildings?
If the new buildings will have Alchemist tools, or Formula books in the recipes, then those same items should be common. I am pretty sure all the components needed for settlement structures are exclusively common items. (please correct me if I am wrong).
I don't mind hunting down recipes but have a new settlement building require recipes to craft components would be very counter to the current settlement buildings.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Bob
NightmareSr
On this topic of aligning with other combat roles, I think the more important need factor would be: Are the new Combat Alchemist structures going to require a weapon in their recipe, like the existing combat buildings?
If the new buildings will have Alchemist tools, or Formula books in the recipes, then those same items should be common. I am pretty sure all the components needed for settlement structures are exclusively common items. (please correct me if I am wrong).
I don't mind hunting down recipes but have a new settlement building require recipes to craft components would be very counter to the current settlement buildings.

Good point, I'm not certain whether or not that's the case, but I should double-check when creating the recipes for those structures. If so, it would certainly be a good argument for getting some common recipes in at that time (or earlier).
Bob
The bandolier recipes are now available on the public spreadsheet.
Apyx
Should I be able to hit Combat Alchemist 20 by only purchasing the Implement Proficiency? It really doesn't feel right to just buy the Proficiency and get the Level without ever making (or buying) a single Alchemist attack.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post