Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

OE 2.0 Release Notes

Azure_Zero
Apyx
Should I be able to hit Combat Alchemist 20 by only purchasing the Implement Proficiency? It really doesn't feel right to just buy the Proficiency and get the Level without ever making (or buying) a single Alchemist attack.

Yeah, your Right it does seem two easy.
Maybe make the Level 1 and 9 levels require both the Weapon and Feature Profs as requirements instead of just the Feature Prof, as this is true for cleric, though Wizard does the so in a similar way in that the arcane attack bonus which is unique to that class so far limits super rapid progression in the class.
Bob
Apyx
Should I be able to hit Combat Alchemist 20 by only purchasing the Implement Proficiency? It really doesn't feel right to just buy the Proficiency and get the Level without ever making (or buying) a single Alchemist attack.

That's a fluke of most role achievements. Wizard requires Arcane Attack Bonus and Cleric requires Divine Attack Bonus, but the others just use Base Attack Bonus to avoid holding them to one weapon. For a mix of reasons we didn't add an Alchemical Attack Bonus, and instead used Ranged Attack Bonus, which I could have required for the Combat Alchemist, but that felt weird because other weapons use that bonus as well. I also didn't necessarily want to say that the Combat Alchemist had to make use of the Alchemist's Tools, since its attacks are all Bomber-style attacks, which aren't necessarily a good match for a Mutagenist or Chirurgeon.

At some point I'd like to look at requiring at least one of the feature feats for each role as part of the role achievement requirements. I might be able to put those in as an "X or Y or Z" list at the end of each requirement, but haven't tested it out to make sure that's allowed without some code changes. Requiring attacks would be more complicated, largely because there are just so many options to list, though we could probably code something up where we could give various feats a category of some kind and just require having at least one feat from that category hit a particular rank. I'll add these possibilities to a feature request that we can look at when we've got some time.
Azure_Zero
Any chance the Light and Cloth armour prof requirements can be updated to include the new Alchemist armours?
Bob
Azure_Zero
Any chance the Light and Cloth armour prof requirements can be updated to include the new Alchemist armours?

Good catch. Yes, I will review the advancement settings for those proficiency feats and update accordingly. We'll try to put out an update reasonably soon to clear out any roadblocks Alchemists are facing, so keep reporting these issues as you find them.
NightmareSr
Bob, is there some reason why I can't sell Elementary Alchemist's Tools +2 on the Cauchemar auction house, but I can sell the Expert's Bandolier +3, and the Expert's Formula Book +3 ?
Is this a known bug already?
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Bob
NightmareSr
Bob, is there some reason why I can't sell Elementary Alchemist's Tools +2 on the Cauchemar auction house, but I can sell the Expert's Bandolier +3, and the Expert's Formula Book +3 ?
Is this a known bug already?

Predictably, this was a copy-paste error where I forgot to change all but the Trainee Alchemist's Tools to Sellable. I've got a fix for that (and a few other reported Alchemist issues) ready to go into the next update. Hopefully we'll be able to deploy that soon.
NightmareSr
Is the Combat Alchemist role achievement correct as noted in the WIKI?
It seemed odd to me that level 16 requires Base Attack 4 then no mention of Base Attack for level 17-19 and level 20 requires Base Attack 7.
If it is a typo with a 7 instead of a 5 then it would match Expert and Freholder requirements. But if it correct to be 7, then is it intentional to not require Base Attack 5 or 6 before level 20?
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Bob
NightmareSr
Is the Combat Alchemist role achievement correct as noted in the WIKI?
It seemed odd to me that level 16 requires Base Attack 4 then no mention of Base Attack for level 17-19 and level 20 requires Base Attack 7.
If it is a typo with a 7 instead of a 5 then it would match Expert and Freholder requirements. But if it correct to be 7, then is it intentional to not require Base Attack 5 or 6 before level 20?

I meant to switch them from being like Experts and Freeholders (1-5) to being more like Rogues (1-7), but must have gotten distracted after I changed the top number to 7 and didn't get around to spreading the lower ones around properly. I'll get that fixed for the next update.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post