Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Sunholm and Canis Castrum Abandoned

Bob
Azure_Zero
Those two settlements are surrounded by 2 or more different groups, so they are deadlocked an likely not going under ownership of anyone any time soon.

Fair point, I'll take that into consideration when thinking about what the ultimate fate of these settlements teaches us.

Azure_Zero
Right now the way active settlement is defined is too cheap for a settlement collector…

True, it's not particularly demanding to meet the minimum requirements right now, but at least they're more demanding than they were before. I can say that we have plans to ramp those requirements up again fairly soon, we're just being very careful about how we pace those increases.
NightmareSr
Bob
True, it's not particularly demanding to meet the minimum requirements right now, but at least they're more demanding than they were before. I can say that we have plans to ramp those requirements up again fairly soon, we're just being very careful about how we pace those increases.
Most of the Settlement rules, and other PvP/Warfare rules are written for a huge population (and rightfully so) but we currently have a tiny population.
I am just confused why any focus should be given to rules and requirements. It seems very logical to me that the focus of anything developed or changed in the game should be on adding new players. Most of the game activities are boring to do solo (if possible solo), an the Settlement tasks are nearly impossible to do solo.
Spending time discussing and changing rules/features for eventual larger populations while there is a low population and no line of sight to a population increase seem pointless to me.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
You are a Troll
In other words Bob…WTF is the marketing plan????!!!!!

I am going to go ahead and call in criminal that GW/Paizo/Lisa have not articulated even the smallest hint at the plan to get more players into PFO…AND, without more players, WHAT exactly is the point???

Yes, everyone still here loves PFO……however, is this the game, with the current ~25 regular players, that we all really want to move forward for the foreseeable future with?

SHOW US THE MARKETING PLAN! GIVE US SOME HOPE!!
Azure_Zero
I agree with "You are a Troll"
I'd like to start seeing your plan for marketing, cause if the Population don't grow, it'll just shrink.
And if the Population shrinks any more you'll start needing to change a lot more things or the game will die.
Bob
NightmareSr
I am just confused why any focus should be given to rules and requirements.

In theory, some of the rules and requirements are tempting topics because they're relatively easy to change. Often all I have to do to implement such changes is edit the web page those rules are written on, as opposed to things that require a bunch of code and/or a new build. As such, if anything that can be relatively quickly edited really would improve the current experience, it doesn't hurt to have a quick discussion about that.

That said, it is best to focus any such discussions on issues that can have the most immediate impact. For example, there were a lot of comments that a bunch of inactive settlements wasn't the best look for the game, so we started requiring that settlements stay active or be abandoned. Overall, I'd say that's worked out well, and I'm open to other changes with similar impacts. Won't always agree with them, of course, but they're worth at least briefly discussing.
NightmareSr
I get that Bob, and really it is the absence of any ideas to increase population that is why I commented. Not that I have any ideas but would be nice if there were some.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Flari-Merchant
Market what?

Please don't get my meaning wrong here as look what HAS BEEN ACCOMPLISHED by a tiny team with a droplet budget and compare it to absolute failures such as Chronicles of Elyria with it's (supposedly larger team by magnitudes) and at least double (but likely triple) the money spent on it.

There is a great foundation here but this, so far, lacks… a compelling atmosphere. smile

Until a way can be figured to both attract players in large numbers as well as monetize attractive aspects of advanced, enhanced or even incentivise certain "buyable aspects" of game play- the game will develop very slowly. That may be good enough for some, including the producers, but I've gotten burned out.

Need to generate income to be a viable, visibly improving project. At least within this gamer's lifetime.

But, sometimes in order to get something great you have to give something great to get attractive, baited hooks out there and yes, always work on ways to grow your income stream…

Perfect Game = attractively playable in a FTP model (so that 10,000's play) yet addictive enough that many (1000's) will spend money on it.
Schedim
About the settlement requirements to keep up, perhaps it could be a system applied that took use in count too? Perhaps the “business owner” NPCs starts closing up if there is no customers for a month and requires an action by the settlement leadership to start up again?
This would mean that the settlements that has actual life in them would have no problem keeping things going but the zombietowns would be a hassle to keep going. No more dump a platinum in the vault and ignore for months stuff.
It would also give the settlement owners a hint of what is actually in use in their towns.
Perhaps having the store owners say stuff near the end of the month like “Buissness is slow, perhaps I should close and move somewhere more profitable” when a closure is imminent.
Like starting getting a bit animation into the world. I find the systems mostly are in place (bar religions and faction) and there should be time to start thinking atmosphere now. Like water and grass … it is so tomb like now.
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post