Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Spreading Escalations

Rhethwyn
The "You have what you hold." mindset has led to a boomingly successful game thus far.

I'm reminded of the guy who kicks dogs, wondering why dogs won't come near him.
Bob
Like all of the River Freedoms, "You have what you hold" is open to interpretation. While Riverfolk don't generally have a problem with the strong taking from the weak, they usually prefer that you face your foe and give them the opportunity to resist. We're just using game mechanics to define what counts as a reasonable opportunity, and we tend to increase the opportunity the greater the potential loss.
NightmareSr
With the extremely low population of the game currently I am just trying to full understand the "Spreading Escalations" as soon as I can to prepare and decide how many holdings can be defended.
When I asked about a notification I just meant in game like how we can currently check for Feuds before PVP windows to know if another company is preparing to take over our holdings. It made sense in my mind that monsters should have to feud or something when preparing to take down holdings, but maybe it was just wishful thinking.
If there were many more players in the game then maybe there would be some guards to man the castles. But when there is a king alone in his castle with nobody else it isn't possible to defend multiple attacks.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare – cauchemar.pfo@gmail.com
NightmareSr
Bob
… Still working out all the details, but the rough idea is that hexes with holdings would run monster invasions like they do now, but in addition to losing that day's production if the invaders win, the hex would become infected. … you'd be able to see that your hex was subject to an incoming invasion that first day and that it was infected the second day, giving you time to mount a defense.
I was mainly wondering if the "infection" would be noted on the hex map after the PVP window or just during the PVP window? Basically trying to get an idea of how close I will need to watch certain hexes.

Bob
… (infected first PvP day, knocked to +1 second PvP day, knocked to +0 third day, 4 days to clear them before the next PvP day) …
Would this "knocked down" return 75% influence and require new kits and full influence to "repair" ?

Bob
… And again, none of this is final, and there's lots we can do to slow things down if necessary.
Any preliminary ideas are greatly appreciated Bob.
Bob
NightmareSr
I was mainly wondering if the "infection" would be noted on the hex map after the PVP window or just during the PVP window? Basically trying to get an idea of how close I will need to watch certain hexes.

I think we could start displaying an attack coming from an infected neighbor as soon as the system schedules one, which is currently during Daily Maintenance on the day of the scheduled attack. We could probably then start displaying the hex as "infected" right after the invasion succeeds, which would give you until the next PvP day's PvP time to prepare a defense. If we threw in additional delays, it's possible we could give more warning than that, but some of that might be in the form of "possible invasion in X days," as opposed to something definitive.

NightmareSr
Bob
… (infected first PvP day, knocked to +1 second PvP day, knocked to +0 third day, 4 days to clear them before the next PvP day) …
Would this "knocked down" return 75% influence and require new kits and full influence to "repair" ?

Yes, this would use the standard system of returning 75% of banked influence and being "repaired" by using a new kit to upgrade back to the original max upgrade. The advantage would be leveraging existing code, so all we'd really be coding up for the damage mechanic is "if invaders win, lower max upgrade by 1," and the existing systems would take care of the rest.
NightmareSr
Bob
I think we could start displaying an attack coming from an infected neighbor as soon as the system schedules one, which is currently during Daily Maintenance on the day of the scheduled attack. We could probably then start displaying the hex as "infected" right after the invasion succeeds, which would give you until the next PvP day's PvP time to prepare a defense. If we threw in additional delays, it's possible we could give more warning than that, but some of that might be in the form of "possible invasion in X days," as opposed to something definitive.
Thanks for the details Bob. I think this seems reasonable.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post