Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Yay!

You are a Troll
Well done good sirs, well done!
Azure_Zero
Thank you Bob and Cole, great Work.
Bob
FYI, a side-effect of the servers being down for so long is that most hexes will have collected upkeep each day, but won't have received production each day. If you've got a holding that's operating on a shoestring budget, you probably want to check on it soon, particularly if it uses a resource that its outposts don't produce.

Basically, on Tuesday, all hexes will have collected upkeep, but the servers came down so quickly (happens when the servers come up for the first time each Server Day) that it's unlikely any production was delivered (happens at the end of the PvP Window, regardless of whether it's a PvP Day).

On Wednesday, we brought the servers up for a little while, so they collected upkeep on any hexes that started up. However, we know a fairly large number of hexes didn't start up at all, so nothing was collected there. Then we took the servers down pretty quickly, so it's unlikely much/any production was delivered.

On Thursday, all the servers came up, so upkeep was collected everywhere. However, it was later in the day, so production was missed in any hex that completed its PvP Window before that, and possibly also in hexes that had already started their PvP Window. The rest will have gotten their usual production, assuming there wasn't a successful PvE Invasion.

This may have resulted in some shutdowns, which may in turn have lowered DI production briefly, but most of that should stabilize back at normal levels soon. However, it's possible any holdings that ran out of unproduced resources too early, possibly due to unexpected 4-1 trades, wouldn't get started back up before your next scheduled restocking, so it could be worthwhile to double-check on any such holdings soon.
Azure_Zero
Thanks for checking into this Bob,

I checked every holding last night and did a restock on any that were shut down or eating into other resources.
Father Bronin
I wondered why the numbers were off. I assumed I must have been raided
Maxen
Father Bronin

You were. By Seattle City Light. The owe us some bulk and a couple days of XP. smile
Bob
Maxen
Father Bronin

You were. By Seattle City Light. The owe us some bulk and a couple days of XP. smile

Not actually sure Seattle City Light was involved, as this may have been more of an equipment failure at the colocation facility.

I can say that no XP was lost, at least not purely as a result of going offline. The way we handle XP, it keeps being earned right up until a character is deactivated, even if the servers are completely down, and we didn't deactivate anybody from the time the outage hit until today's Daily Maintenance.
Maxen
Bob
Maxen
Father Bronin

Not actually sure Seattle City Light was involved, as this may have been more of an equipment failure at the colocation facility.

I can say that no XP was lost, at least not purely as a result of going offline. The way we handle XP, it keeps being earned right up until a character is deactivated, even if the servers are completely down, and we didn't deactivate anybody from the time the outage hit until today's Daily Maintenance.

That was more said in jest, but thanks for that info Bob. smile
Edam
One interesting side effect is the various escalations around the map did not decay while the servers were down.
Bob
Edam
One interesting side effect is the various escalations around the map did not decay while the servers were down.

Correct. It's possible there were 1 or 2 decay drops during the brief time the game servers were running on Wednesday, but depending on the time there could also have been none that day. When the servers are down for a full on-the-clock hour, they miss their opportunity to do that hour's decay. There's no catch-up mechanism for that.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post