Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

OE 2.1 Preliminary Release Notes

Bob
Jubal von Silberstrom
So there are 30 types of raw materials and 23 types of salvages. So the goal is to get as many full sets of 53 items we can. Since the escalations will be random and popping up as they normally do and the salvage is associated with specific escalations, it seems safe to assume that each escalation hex won't have all of the raw materials in any single hex. Will the raw materials that drop in a given hex stay consistent? For example if I go gathering at a particular hex at the beginning of the event and near the end, can I expect it to drop the same material both times?

The gatherable raw materials are locked to the hex, just like standard raw materials, so gathering remains constant in each hex throughout the event. Only the lootable salvage items are locked to the escalations. To some degree, if you just keep clearing the hexes near you, most of the different escalations will come to you, but you have to travel the world to get a wider variety of raw materials, or trade with someone who's been there.

That said, we do plan on having smaller prizes for some smaller sets of items, but we're still working out the details on that. Focusing on variety is your best bet for the best prizes though.
Jubal von Silberstrom
On the raw materials (and I guess salvage as well) does skill level affect the chance for it to drop like with normal things? i.e. will a max level gatherer with all the knowledge skills expect to see materials at a faster rate than a fresh character?
Characters: Jubal von Silberstrom, Paladin of Iomedae. Realndor Rockhammer, Master Armorsmith.
Company: Grey Guard
Settlement: Greystone Keep
WxCougar of KOTC
Bob
I'm fairly certain I managed to place an item for each node type in each of the standard monster hexes, meaning not the home hexes and not the low/medium-security hexes that are set aside for current/eventual tutorials. However, it's always possible I missed something, so if a hex truly seems problematic, feel free to send email to customer.support@pathfinderonline.com with information on that particular hex, or file a support ticket in-game (which automatically includes your current location info) and I'll verify that hex was set up properly.

So there should be 3 in each Monster hex (non tutorial, non home) - one for each node type? Good to know. I've only found one hex that had 2 in it so far. But I can't seem to find any for the Forester nodes to save my life. Random generator must not like me for the fungi ; ).
Keeper's Pass (NG) - Respecting life, protecting freedom, united against tyranny. We are a Crafting Settlement with friendly people and welcome many play styles including casual and Role playing. For more information check our Traveler's Guide to Keeper's Pass at https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/109/. If you wish to join with us in Keeper's Pass come visit us at our website at http://www.kotcguild.com/.
Bob
Jubal von Silberstrom
On the raw materials (and I guess salvage as well) does skill level affect the chance for it to drop like with normal things? i.e. will a max level gatherer with all the knowledge skills expect to see materials at a faster rate than a fresh character?

For raw materials, the answer is mostly yes. The event raw materials are just an additional T1 raw material added to the options for what you might get when you gather something. The more skill you have, the faster you gather and the more items you get in each pull, so in that sense you gather these event materials faster. The one trick to that is each time you cross a threshold to start pulling more raw materials, either enchanting ones or higher tiers, that slightly lowers your chances of pulling the items you were gathering before that threshold, including these event raw materials. Overall though, you should see your speed increasing to the same degree that your overall speed of gathering basic T1 raw materials increases.

For salvage items, your chances of looting those increases as your appropriate knowledge skills increases, using the same settings we made for the enchanting salvage drops. And of course the more advanced you are, the faster you can kill things, so you get more chances at salvage drops per hour.
Bob
WxCougar of KOTC
So there should be 3 in each Monster hex (non tutorial, non home) - one for each node type? Good to know. I've only found one hex that had 2 in it so far. But I can't seem to find any for the Forester nodes to save my life. Random generator must not like me for the fungi ; ).

There are a small number of monster hexes with only 2 node types, but there should always be an event raw material for each of the 2-3 node types in any given hex. I do have to admit that forester nodes often have extremely high numbers of other raw materials competing against the event raw materials, which can lower the odds quite a bit. I tried to balance that out a bit, but some hexes are definitely better than others, so experimenting and sharing information to find the best hexes is worthwhile.
BlackMoria
Heh. There is rare and there is screaming at the monitor and flinging the mouse across the room rare. I can accept the former but not the latter.

Sylva 4,4 is a illustration of my declaration. I spent an hour gathering from all three node types in that hex - Forestry, Scavenger and Essence. The character in question is T3 gathering for Forestry and Scavenger and high T2 for Essence. I got one of the special essences… One. Reading that there should be one special in each node type, I gathered another two hours in Sylva 4,4. And got just one more special essence. Gum Arabic in that hex is rare and drops three to four per hour of gathering on average. I got two essences in three hours and no fungi or quartz. In THREE HRS.

So, I think revisting the numbers for this event might be required. Or tell me where to send the bill for the mice I am chucking… smile
Bob
Yes, the event items are very rare, but perhaps now would be a good time to mention that this event will be running for at least seven weeks, and possibly longer depending on circumstances. There's no rush to put sets together quickly.
Nails
I was in Sylva 4,4 yesterday for an hour and got none of the new items.
Bob
Nails
I was in Sylva 4,4 yesterday for an hour and got none of the new items.

Ouch, yeah, everything's there, and I don't usually want to say much more than that, but that's probably one of the roughest hexes. That's just a function of that particular hex being very rich in resources overall, so it's great for extended gathering of common resources, but not so great for rarer things. As a vaguely-general rule, I'll also say that the better a hex is for enchanting resources at a particular node, the better it's likely to be for event items at that same node.

Fortunately, there are other hexes in the same region that are significantly better, and you'll all have plenty of time to identify the most promising hexes for each item.
harneloot
I was in (somebody else's hex….prefer not to say) today for a bit over an hour and got no new items.
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post