Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Settlement: Custom Guard Names

Jubal von Silberstrom
Super duper low priority ask, but I was just thinking about it and it would be cool if we could eventually name the guards in each of our settlements. Following similar naming guidelines for making characters and settlements in theme of course. Perhaps the names would be per company, since companies can have holdings, and thus guards, without being attached to settlements.

Again, low priority, just wanted to write it down while I thought of it.
Characters: Jubal von Silberstrom, Paladin of Iomedae. Realndor Rockhammer, Master Armorsmith.
Company: Grey Guard
Settlement: Greystone Keep
Bob
Interesting idea. I'll throw in a feature request to look at the possibility when we have a chance.
Maxen
Fair warning. I will rename all my guards “Bob”.
Azure_Zero
I like the Idea

But I'll add I would like to have custom guard load outs as well,
and I think a max of 4 different load outs (one for each armour type (cloth,light, medium, heavy)) should be good so the spawning guards aren't as predictable.
The loadouts equipment customisation wise would cover just; a Weapon (+ ammo container if needed), and maybe one other item to help customise their look.
Feat wise the loadouts customisation wise include; Class feature, armour, reactives (2), defensives(3), and a few attack feats for the weapon.
But the feat customisation would be based on the settlement's level, so settlement under level 12 can't choose trapsense as a defensive feat for the guards since a level 12 rogue is the min level to get it.
And if the settlement level dips below a feats min level it gets bumped out of the feats the guards have.

Now the armour feat would set the armour the guards will use when they spawn, but I would not mind it if at a later time we could add a equip armour slot to each load out so they could have a enchanted armour put in (but capped at TX+3 armours)
Bob
We've got some longer-term plans to vary the guards up a bit more, with the original plans largely varying them based on structure choices/upgrades. We could potentially do something more like have the structure choices/upgrades and/or settlement level make more things available that the settlement leaders can then choose between, or we could just move toward a largely pay-more/get-more model that offered options to those willing to pay for them, or somewhere in between.

Of course, almost any option that varies the guards up along those lines involves a fair amount of work, and becomes most important when we're looking to tackle the even larger task of making battles in and around settlements more of a thing.
NightmareSr
I think this is a neat idea but I have always wanted to Hire Guards for those times that I want a party but can't find 4-5 other people to join me at the given time/day.
It would be a nice feature while the population is super low. Could make it really expensive too and/or give settlement owners the controls to make their guards hire-able or not.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare – cauchemar.pfo@gmail.com
Jubal von Silberstrom
Yeah, variation in town guards would be nice. The main reason I was bringing it up is that having all the guards in Greystone Keep being called "Thornguards" makes it feel like they are all "on loan" and not actually my town guards.
Characters: Jubal von Silberstrom, Paladin of Iomedae. Realndor Rockhammer, Master Armorsmith.
Company: Grey Guard
Settlement: Greystone Keep
Bob
NightmareSr
I think this is a neat idea but I have always wanted to Hire Guards for those times that I want a party but can't find 4-5 other people to join me at the given time/day.
It would be a nice feature while the population is super low. Could make it really expensive too and/or give settlement owners the controls to make their guards hire-able or not.

That would be pretty cool, but we probably need to improve both the mule AI and the guard AI before we mix them together.
NightmareSr
Renaming them would be a really nice flavor for sure.
But if the mule AI could get good enough for animal companion's, familiars, and pets that would be amazing. Although I would be just as happy or more with Horses.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare – cauchemar.pfo@gmail.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post