Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Combat Alchemist Structures

NightmareSr
Bob, are the new structures going to be added to game before the unity upgrade or will it be after? Also do you have any details on the recipes for the new kits (as in what components are needed) and what the new structures will consume in bulk cost for a settlement?
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare – cauchemar.pfo@gmail.com
Bob
NightmareSr
Bob, are the new structures going to be added to game before the unity upgrade or will it be after?
I'm pretty close to finishing off the structures, and hopefully testing them won't take too long, so those should be shipping in an update pretty soon. Cole's still working on getting everything over to the cloud, and I'm going to start writing up a post filling you all in on the progress so far, and the work still remaining. I've mostly been holding off on writing that and posting it until we hit a nice clean milestone, and now we're finally very close to hitting that point. There's still a lot of cloud work remaining though, and we won't be tackling unity until that's all done.
NightmareSr
Also do you have any details on the recipes for the new kits (as in what components are needed) and what the new structures will consume in bulk cost for a settlement?
The spreadsheet work like recipes, bulk costs, trainers and the like is my next step, so I should have more to report on those details this week. In general, I'll be trying to align everything with the same design principles that were used for the other structures, so similar ingredients, resource needs and DI costs, with both alchemist and combat structures for inspiration.
Bob
I added a bunch of preliminary-but-hopefully-final data for the Combat Alchemist structures to the Public Spreadsheet (Wiki). I'm open to changing things if anyone points out some problems or potential improvements, but hopefully they're pretty fitting and balanced. Here's what got added:

• Added the Alchemical Bomb and Combat Alchemist Trainers to Trainers and Feats on Multiple Trainers tabs, splitting all the feats assigned to the Visiting Alchemist Trainer between them. Feats focused on attacks/combat went to the Alchemical Bomb Trainer and the more general ones went to the Combat Alchemist Trainer.
  • Added Combat Alchemist Codex to Salvage tab. It basically just has Combat Alchemist Codex and Reference Book for stocks.
  • Added Combat Alchemist Codex (Alchemist 5/10/16) to Recipes (Codex) tab and Combat Alchemist Codex Collection (Seneschal 2-5) to Recipes (Refining) tab. No surprises in the ingredients, they're typical for codexes.
  • Added Research Center (Engineer 13), Bombing Range (Engineer 12) and Combat Alchemist School (Engineer 12) Structure Kits to Recipes (Settlement) tab. Ingredients include: Combat Alchemist Codex Collections, Practical Alchemist's Tools, Student's Formula Book, Laborer's Protective Gear, Targeting Dummy, Waterproof Tarps, Weighted Dropcloths and Cleaning Supplies.
  • Added Research Center (Large, both Combat Alchemist Trainers plus Expert Trainer), Bombing Range (Medium, Alchemical Bomb Trainer) and Combat Alchemist School (Medium, Combat Alchemist Trainer) to Settlement Structures tab. They use a mix of Security and Civilization DI (even split for the Research Center, more Security than Civilization for the other two) and a little bit of everything for bulk resources (mostly Ore for the Research Center and Combat Alchemist School, mostly Wood for the Bombing Range).
  • Noticed Spellcrafter was missing on Recipes (Settlement) and Settlement Structures tabs, so added that as well.

NightmareSr
Thank you Bob these recipes and bulk specifics will help planning a lot.
Do you have any tentative plan for when these will be added in game?
Bob
NightmareSr
Do you have any tentative plan for when these will be added in game?
Hoping to get this deployed in a couple weeks, but depends on what we find while testing it out. I'm heading in to the office on Monday to start the initial testing, then hopefully just a day or two more work before we can start making builds and doing the final rounds of testing. Those final rounds do take multiple days each though, and may need to be repeated if we run into issues.
NightmareSr
Sounds great Bob, thanks

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post