Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Fun With Content

Tuoweit
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Tuoweit
Being a level 2 Wizard is also accessible to all players.

At the cost of being a very out of the way investment that will set back becoming T3 for a very long time. Multiclassing is only something worth trying once you get mid to high T3 as I had learned the hard way.

… what? Level 1 Spellbook proficiency, 99xp. Level 1 Spellbook Expendable (Speed), 108xp. Done, 2 hours' worth of xp.
Bob
Edam
The issue with fast travel is not so much abuse in combat. It is projection of power.

With fast travel a strong group would be able to attack or defend anywhere on the map regardless of where their home base is with relative ease. It is a tool that would heavily advantage established groups with extensive resources.

That's a definite concern, and would require very thoughtful balancing considerations.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Tuoweit
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Tuoweit

At the cost of being a very out of the way investment that will set back becoming T3 for a very long time. Multiclassing is only something worth trying once you get mid to high T3 as I had learned the hard way.

… what? Level 1 Spellbook proficiency, 99xp. Level 1 Spellbook Expendable (Speed), 108xp. Done, 2 hours' worth of xp.

Ah, I misread what you meant.

I thought you meant the level 2 or 3 version of said spell for some reason. Course it don't last nearly as long but still.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Edam
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Tuoweit
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Tuoweit

I thought you meant the level 2 or 3 version of said spell for some reason. Course it don't last nearly as long but still.

It works on the free INV tutorial staff and costs about 10 or so power so who cares if it only lasts half a hex smile

An INV staff and a day and a bit XP invested in 4 levels of travel domain (needs Holy Symbol Implement Proficiency 1, Focus Weapon Proficiency 1, Divine Attack Bonus 1, Power 1) has been the standard way most people get characters around the map quickly for years.

… waits for someone to bounce in and say its overpowered and should be nerfed like energetic field was …
Rynnik
Edam
… waits for someone to bounce in and say its overpowered and should be nerfed like energetic field was …

I'm your huckleberry.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Azure_Zero
Edam
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Tuoweit
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Tuoweit

It works on the free INV tutorial staff and costs about 10 or so power so who cares if it only lasts half a hex smile

An INV staff and a day and a bit XP invested in 4 levels of travel domain (needs Holy Symbol Implement Proficiency 1, Focus Weapon Proficiency 1, Divine Attack Bonus 1, Power 1) has been the standard way most people get characters around the map quickly for years.

actually Travel Domain was nerfed early on in Early Enrollement.
Bob
Azure_Zero
Edam

actually Travel Domain was nerfed early on in Early Enrollement.

… begins searching for nerf bat, maybe it's still at the office, where did I leave my keys this time, perhaps a snack first, mmm, fresh quarantine bread …
Flari-Merchant
Fun, huh?

Not so much a content thing but what simple things could be done with tokens that would turn them into things that are "ok" loot instead of "Bank Cloggers"? Some way to exchange them or something to craft with them?

Are the different grades of resource material qualities really impactful to the game in an interesting way or are they just more things that REALLY jam up bank vault functioning? There are many salvage materials that fill the role of "off normal" sources of materials.

Lets just start there with a couple issues that could improve game quality if addressed.
Bob
Flari-Merchant
Not so much a content thing but what simple things could be done with tokens that would turn them into things that are "ok" loot instead of "Bank Cloggers"? Some way to exchange them or something to craft with them?
Our longer-term plan is to make tokens easier to use, but we've talked about making some recipes that use tokens to give them a "backstop" for their value. It's certainly a possibility, it's just a little tricky to do it in a balanced way that doesn't overly mess with other item values or require a complete rethink of what tokens should be. Depending on exactly what we wanted them to be used for, it's possible something could be done purely through content changes (new recipes, maybe new items to craft).

Flari-Merchant
Are the different grades of resource material qualities really impactful to the game in an interesting way or are they just more things that REALLY jam up bank vault functioning?
They really don't do much except change the encumbrance values, which acts as a mild nudge to go somewhere else each time you start pulling lower-quality raw materials. We've talked about ways of consolidating them once they're brought back to a building/settlement. In theory that could be done through recipes, but I suspect that would involve a very large number of recipes, cluttering up the crafting windows. Probably better to tackle this issue through code somehow.
Flari-Merchant
Bob
Flari-Merchant
Are the different grades of resource material qualities really impactful to the game in an interesting way or are they just more things that REALLY jam up bank vault functioning?
They really don't do much except change the encumbrance values, which acts as a mild nudge to go somewhere else each time you start pulling lower-quality raw materials. We've talked about ways of consolidating them once they're brought back to a building/settlement. In theory that could be done through recipes, but I suspect that would involve a very large number of recipes, cluttering up the crafting windows. Probably better to tackle this issue through code somehow.
Wouldn't it be simple(even if tedious) to remove all but the regular weight grade and maybe the 2x weight grade of resources? That way you have your normal resource. You have your less than ideal grade pulls of that resource that clue you into it becoming depleted.
Leave the coding allowing all the old grades as craftable(so old stockpiles are not invalidated) and nothing gets messed up. smile

Could seriously, over a bit of time, free lots of RAM from bank vault lists.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post