Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Fun With Content

Flari-Merchant
I am just not seeing how shrinking the map while leaving the "Old Order" standing but some of its members damaged would really solve anything. Something so drastic would only be fair if it affected the entire base equally(as suggested in the thread "Start Over"smile and even then probably would not make the game suddenly massively attractive to new players.

Lots of things probably need fixing first.

For me, it would be fun for the game to be totally new and the whole "race" to start again for all.
Demiurge
Flari-Merchant
I am just not seeing how shrinking the map while leaving the "Old Order" standing but some of its members damaged would really solve anything. Something so drastic would only be fair if it affected the entire base equally(as suggested in the thread "Start Over"smile and even then probably would not make the game suddenly massively attractive to new players.

Lots of things probably need fixing first.

For me, it would be fun for the game to be totally new and the whole "race" to start again for all.

There are plenty of games out there that have been running for years and they have no trouble attracting new players. A reset is not going to attract any more new players than we currently get. A complete reset wiping everyone's XP and property and achievements will not make the game any more appealing to new players.

Nor will it appeal to the people that were willing to support the game all those years when it cost $US15 to play and put in hundreds of hours a month back when gaining gold and achievements was way harder than it its these days.

It will appeal to exactly one type of person, returning players who were not prepared to support the game in any way all those years, who now want to bounce back with the reduced sub price and easier game play and be a special snow flake.
malmuerta
Kitorian
As the settlement leader of Keeper's Pass, I am NOT in favor in any way with shrinking the map and cutting out Keeper's Pass from the map. And 90% of our holdings are south of Keeper's Pass.

Keeper's Pass players have played each day since launch. We played the game that was and did not wait for the game that was promised or for the game to get better like a fair number of the player base who simply logged out and checked every few weeks or every few months to see if the game got better or offered some incentive to resume playing. And Keeper's worked themselves to have one the few +5 settlements in the game in which All settlement buildings locations have a +5 building in it.

So it it simply not just a "No" to the suggestion - it is a empathic "Hell NO".

And floating the idea of some sort of "compensation" doesn't pass muster unless we lose NOTHING as part of this. Our players have been ever present in the game and have worked damn hard to get KP to where it is. I am against any suggestion that all their years of logging in and doing the hard work will be for naught because some players think shrinking the map and dumping all the displaced players to duke it for some place in the new map.

This game is Pathfinder Online. It is not some game with a Battle Royale mode to determine who gets a settlement.
+1
-[from the owner of Oak Knoll, nowhere near any map edge]
Bob
Flari-Merchant
I am just not seeing how shrinking the map while leaving the "Old Order" standing but some of its members damaged would really solve anything.
My primary temptation in even considering shrinking the map is that it would be nice to concentrate players so they ran into each other more regularly. I don't think that's a compelling enough benefit to justify taking away territory involuntarily, but I could imagine offering incentives (or even just opportunities) to consolidate settlements or move them closer in, then closing off the territory left behind.

Of course, if the blocked off territory is then made too valuable in terms of gathering and looting, then players will still wind up spending much of their time there, spreading everyone right back out again. Still, at least the settlement spaces closer in would be more active overall and new players would run into those settlements first.
Flari-Merchant
Well if such a large adjustment is made, I certainly hope it would be for the good of the game. Quite a bit could change(for the overall better) and if it really made the pop explode, I think I would stick around/come back more actively.

That includes major personal character sacrifices. For the best interests of the game really improving.
NightmareSr
How did the "Fun with Content" thread turn into a "Start the game over debate" thread?
I don't see any evidence or even a compelling persuasion that wiping out the map and settlements and everyone's feats would actually get new players into the game.
Is there any substantial evidence that starting over would bring more players to the game?
The unity upgrade would certainly help people stick with the game and give it a needed refresh but there must be other less disruptive ways to get new players interested.
What about player sponsored quests or events? How about more limited time events, like variations on the Home sweet Home event or holiday events? How about seasonal events?
Would anyone be interested in a standing party up time to do PVE or gathering activities, or even some PvP contests?
My erratic schedule makes organizing and/or hosting an activity time difficult but it would really make a more welcoming way to get new players interested in playing.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare – cauchemar.pfo@gmail.com
Flari-Merchant
Most threads do swerve off topic.

I would not be too concerned. There is little likelyhood of Paizo doing something so drastic with so few of player base supportive of it. smile

On the "Fun With Content" track, and without that nasty "coding requirement" stuff, it would be nice if some benefactor could have maybe one day a month@ one hour that he would exchange T1 tokens for like 1cp/2 tokens situation until the excess is reduced. I have noticed that they do drop less often than back in the day, so that is nice.

Now the "salvaged ammunition" is starting to pile up to the point that it can't be sold very fast even in the AH. So there is that too…
NightmareSr
Well, I will buy all the salvage ammo I can afford at 1cp each at the Cauchemar AH if anyone is willing to bring it there to sell. smile
curing tokens too, but the other tokens are much less useful for me.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare – cauchemar.pfo@gmail.com
Demiurge
How do AH fees work for things selling for 1 copper ?

I am happy to bid for 20 or 30 thousand of each of the other T1 tokens if people are seriously willing to cart them half way across the map to Cauchemar to sell them at one copper each smile
Edam
Bob
I don't think that's a compelling enough benefit to justify taking away territory involuntarily, but I could imagine offering incentives (or even just opportunities) to consolidate settlements or move them closer in, then closing off the territory left behind.

I am not seeing how this could work.

Lets take Fort Ouroboros in the SW and Keepers Pass in the SE for example. Keepers is fully +5 buildings. Fort Ouroboros is mainly +4 buildings with a few +3 (and a +2 AH because we are considering knocking it down and putting up a large alchemist) They are complimentary settlements with a lot of different buildings and both need a lot of hexes to supply DI and bulk. Both have almost all there hexes relatively close by.

How could we possibly move one of those settlements without losing hexes and hence buildings or ending up with holdings to support on the other side of the map.

Or are you talking about making a deal on a new combined settlement where it gets more than the normal number of allowed buildings and gets given hexes that generate twice the normal amount of bulk ?

I simply am not seeing how two high level settlements can be "consolidated" or even moved closer together without a substantial loss or some very fancy dev tricks that will be labelled by the normal denzen/trolls on the forum here as some sort of dev special favor.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post