Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Start Over

Flari-Merchant
You read that right. Start over with everything wiped and all players in ONE settlement. Players have to behave themselves within the control radius of the NPC city but are free to compete/ally/ignore for territory/resources/etc… outside of that.

*The NPC City(Thornkeep I guess) would have a base lvl max that can be increased by player group contributions to the City directly.
*Player groups would get some small boon or advantage the more Bulk that they contribute.
*Jiggle the resources a bit and separate them more.
*Keep it in Phase I(only holdings, no settlements) until certain conditions are met whether population or accumulation goals or some combo.
*Meanwhile, as players merrily scrabble about the world, improve the game/QoL/fun/#quashbugs/#fixstuff

I never had so much fun as when all the world felt open and unexplored.
Azure_Zero
If we start over I say we restart with something like the test server

* All alliances would be collapsed into ONE settlement each and would choose from open settlements (in order of most settlement or holdings?).
* Each alliance would get some starting buildings based on HOW successful they were.
*There would be ONLY one or two claimable settlements available, BUT they'd be locked up UNTIL certain conditions were met (i.e. player population rose to say 500).
* The number of available claimable hexes would be such that NOT ALL settlements could run at a support of level 20 with all +5 buildings, with the overall average for the settlements being a support of level 18 with all +4 buildings.
–> this point was made so settlements need to watch their PVP windows and defend to keep their levels, they go AFK for a while and could loose their stuff, but the setup is such that if a settlement got too greedy they'd piss off the other settlements and risk being attacked by a larger force who'd put them back into a more reasonable level of holdings.
Flari-Merchant
Keep it simple. Start Over.
Azure_Zero
That could lead to players/groups leaving and not returning cause you just wiped out their hard work and gave no compensation.
Flari-Merchant
It could lead to that and it would be sad if it worked out that way. I don't really see anything Paizo has been able to do since the very start of this project that has INCREASED the number of players that have subscribed and play actively.

Perhaps the number of hanging on players is so low at this point that they could be offered some free months of play as compensation. Until the playground is leveled and the game made fun for all, I have doubts that the game will be attractive to new players in large numbers.

Give up your power for the good of the game. If you are a clever player, you will be able to get it all back. You already know, intimately, how things work. That is enough advantage.

Currently I do not play so I do not really have a horse in this race, so to speak. Yet I too have many very advanced crafter and character toons as well as REALLY FULL bank vaults that I would let go for a chance at the game as it was originally envisioned.

I would play again if there were a complete wipe and restart at ZERO. Not that One Guy's promise is worth considering, lol.
NightmareSr
Huge risk in a wipe and restart at zero, since it would certainly alienate the current player base and have an unknown amount of attraction to new players.
If the guides, tutorials, documentation and QOL items stay as outdated and rough as they are now I don't see many new players joining and the restart would certainly cause some to leave the game just not sure how many would leave.
Doesn't seem like a very strategic idea to me.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare – cauchemar.pfo@gmail.com
harneloot
The wipe (as I already suggested!) would need to give back all the XP everyone had already paid for over the years. Which means, what, I would start the game with around 4 million xp or so at this point? However, everyone would still be gated behind the same stat point, achievement, gear, mats, support level etc, etc, etc gates.

I really think this is the ONLY way to give this game a realistic chance of seeing a real vibrant LIFE in the RIver Kingdoms.

Re-BOOT the game right after the Unity upgrade and pull in the ToT!!!

(hey, a person can dream can't they?)
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
Azure_Zero
harneloot
The wipe (as I already suggested!) would need to give back all the XP everyone had already paid for over the years. Which means, what, I would start the game with around 4 million xp or so at this point? However, everyone would still be gated behind the same stat point, achievement, gear, mats, support level etc, etc, etc gates.

I really think this is the ONLY way to give this game a realistic chance of seeing a real vibrant LIFE in the RIver Kingdoms.

Re-BOOT the game right after the Unity upgrade and pull in the ToT!!!

(hey, a person can dream can't they?)

ToT?

I kinda liked the game better when we had the war of Towers in some ways, but I admit holdings are nice in that a settlement could use then as a auxiliary trainer if they couldn't fit that trainer into their settlement.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
So I'm actually warming up to Rynniks idea of a soft reset the more I read on about it.

Condense the current alliances into one or two settlements each. Cause as much as we would like to cram everyone into one settlement it kinds stiffles the political aspect and assumes everyone will agree to run that one settlement the same way.

Then do a soft reset on resources and such after the unity upgrade. Lay out and hash out the details of the proposed soft reset ahead of time so everyone knows what is coming.

After that make quality of life improvements and a few additional features and fix some of the parts of the system that don't work. Then relaunch when the dust settles and there is more world opened up.

Those systems and quality of life changes can be discussed on another thread.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Paddy Fitzpatrick
So I'm actually warming up to Rynniks idea of a soft reset the more I read on about it.

Condense the current alliances into one or two settlements each. Cause as much as we would like to cram everyone into one settlement it kinds stiffles the political aspect and assumes everyone will agree to run that one settlement the same way.

Then do a soft reset on resources and such after the unity upgrade. Lay out and hash out the details of the proposed soft reset ahead of time so everyone knows what is coming.

After that make quality of life improvements and a few additional features and fix some of the parts of the system that don't work. Then relaunch when the dust settles and there is more world opened up.

Those systems and quality of life changes can be discussed on another thread.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post