Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Start Over

Azure_Zero
I think one of the Things that NEEDS to be done, if the game resets is a name change, no exception.
The name of the game CAN NOT and SHOULD NOT reference the Pathfinder system, it causes an expectation that the game is using the Pathfinder RPG System and it turns folks off after they enter the game and see the Truth/Lie that this is NOT Pathfinder, but fantasy Eve.
Flari-Merchant
Azure_Zero
I think one of the Things that NEEDS to be done, if the game resets is a name change, no exception.
The name of the game CAN NOT and SHOULD NOT reference the Pathfinder system, it causes an expectation that the game is using the Pathfinder RPG System and it turns folks off after they enter the game and see the Truth/Lie that this is NOT Pathfinder, but fantasy Eve.
Would, I feel also, be a good move if they could rename/rebrand the game with a similar powerful IP distinction instead. Pathfinder Online(as the title) is probably doing more harm than good at this point. smile
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Flari-Merchant
Azure_Zero
Would, I feel also, be a good move if they could rename/rebrand the game with a similar powerful IP distinction instead. Pathfinder Online(as the title) is probably doing more harm than good at this point. smile

Any suggestions?
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Flari-Merchant
River Kingdoms Adventures
Rynnik
Flari-Merchant
River Kingdoms Adventures
Lisa and Bob's Most Excellent Adventure
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Harad Navar
"River Kingdoms" might work except there are no "kings".
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
Flari-Merchant
Harad Navar
"River Kingdoms" might work except there are no "kings".
Eheheehhehe Short on rivers too smile
Bob
BlackMoria
The new players are, in essence, telling us what is wrong with the game with their questions. We need to listen and learn what the real issues are so they feel the game is worth more than a night or two of poking around and finding the experience unrewarding.
The issues raise in this and other posts that new players run into are great points, and are generally things we're aware of and hoping to work on. Still, it's always helpful to hear which issues are being raised at a particular moment in time, because those tend to be the issues we should prioritize in the short-term. Hopefully it also means that some issues that aren't being raised as often have been fixed, or at least made better, by past updates.

We're planning to try to tackle some of these new-player issues in coming months where we can do so with content-only changes, even if sometimes that just means tempering player's expectations through better communication/documentation when they get started, while others will have to wait until we have more coding bandwidth.
Edam
Bob
BlackMoria
The new players are, in essence, telling us what is wrong with the game with their questions. We need to listen and learn what the real issues are so they feel the game is worth more than a night or two of poking around and finding the experience unrewarding.
The issues raise in this and other posts that new players run into are great points, and are generally things we're aware of and hoping to work on. Still, it's always helpful to hear which issues are being raised at a particular moment in time, because those tend to be the issues we should prioritize in the short-term. Hopefully it also means that some issues that aren't being raised as often have been fixed, or at least made better, by past updates.

We're planning to try to tackle some of these new-player issues in coming months where we can do so with content-only changes, even if sometimes that just means tempering player's expectations through better communication/documentation when they get started, while others will have to wait until we have more coding bandwidth.

One of the more common new player questions is "when do I get my own settlement" .

It is kind of irrational that people would think in an MMO with potentially tens of thousands of players, that all 30,000 of them can get their own settlement, BUT it does seem to be a common new player aspiration.

That expectation probably comes out of playing tabletop and things like kingmaker where you actually are a special snowflake and do get to dominate the known world eventually. or maybe they spend too much time playing Animal Crossing, who knows.

As for renaming - Golarion Online has been suggested in the past and would likely work.
Azure_Zero
Edam
Bob
BlackMoria

One of the more common new player questions is "when do I get my own settlement" .

It is kind of irrational that people would think in an MMO with potentially tens of thousands of players, that all 30,000 of them can get their own settlement, BUT it does seem to be a common new player aspiration.

That expectation probably comes out of playing tabletop and things like kingmaker where you actually are a special snowflake and do get to dominate the known world eventually. or maybe they spend too much time playing Animal Crossing, who knows.

As for renaming - Golarion Online has been suggested in the past and would likely work.

Thing is at the moment, leaders with multiple settlements can't even give away a settlement with a reasonable number (8+) of holdings to a new player, as after about a month the settlement is back to the original leader the as the new leader has left the game, as I said earlier.
And a likely part of the reason we can't keep new settlement owners is the freaking chores we need to do to keep them running.
Even with all my holdings being so close to Talonguard and Corbenik, it still takes me about 3+ hours each weekend to empty and restock my holdings.
If the only chore a settlement owner had was to watch their territory, you can bet being a settlement owner would be way more appealing and settlements would really be something to fight over.
In fact I think Gloria Victis has better player retention because it is simpler and less of a chore to run a settlement.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post