Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Expendable descriptions

NightmareSr
Would it be possible to get the pop-up description of the expendables to give some indication of what the spell/maneuver/formula does before it is learned?
Having just the requirements for learning an expendable without knowing what it does once it is learned is simply not enough info to know if we want to learn it.
I know the details are in the PFO Wiki spreadsheet but forcing all players to look-up that info just doesn't seem right to me.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare – cauchemar.pfo@gmail.com
Bob
NightmareSr
Would it be possible to get the pop-up description of the expendables to give some indication of what the spell/maneuver/formula does before it is learned?
It looks like I can add that to the text description, I'd just need to do some fancy Excel work to pull a version of the expendable description from the combat spreadsheet to the consumables spreadsheet. I'd also need to do a little testing to see if that text description is used anywhere else that the added info either wouldn't fit or wouldn't make sense. If so, then I'd need a little code work to handle multiple text descriptions for multiple uses. I'll file a feature request to look into it, assuming there isn't already one that's just waiting to rise to the top of the priority list.
The Eternal Balance
Remember: Hard is FUN.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Bob
The Eternal Balance
Touché.
Edam
Bob
The Eternal Balance
Touché.

Indeed. in fact what we should do is make the spells totally random so you have no idea even which spell it will give you till you try and learn it. If it randomly gives a spell you already know have the spell you clicked on self destruct. Or even better REMOVE the spell you currently know smile

This will have the added benefit of cleaning up the auction house as for each role there will only be three expendables - random T1, random T2 and random T3.

Sort of like loot boxes but more fun smile
Drizzle
Edam
Sort of like loot boxes but more fun smile

Not really, to be like a loot box you would need to be able to buy them for real cash on the forum shop.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post