Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Where's the wood?

Phlux
I might have missed something when I was running all over the map today, but i never found a single forester node. What is the name of the nodes I am looking for and what do they look like? I have only seen shiny rocks, piles of junk, collections of colors, and interesting plants. I harvested every thing on the map except the nodes guarded by an army of mobs and the only kind of wood i received was yew from junk piles. I haven't harvested in every hex yet so i'm wondering if pine is like coal and only produced on one hex as well.
Isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.
Nihimon
All resource nodes show up on the mini-map with yellow-ish icons. You can hover over them on the mini-map to see what they are from a distance.

Colorful collection of sparks - Dowser (Essences)
A few interesting plants - Forester (Logs, Berries, Leaves, Foxfire, Smoke Peppers)
A mound of shiny rocks - Miner (Ore, Coal, Gems)
Pile of trash - Scavenger (generally has something you'd find in that same hex in either a Forester or Miner node)
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Being
Many of the basics, both resource and recipe are exceedingly rare. In gathering I have accumulated great quantities of essentially useless material, and anything I would like to make requires an ingredient that is unavailable. I have piles of bandit weapons that cannot be sold or used in any way and very few broken goblin weapons (which can be used to make ingots).
Lo, the mighty Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground!
Nihimon
What you get out of a node is largely determined by your skill. There's the complicating factor that what's available isn't solely a function of terrain type, different forest hexes in different areas of the map drop different things.

If you need Pine, search west and northwest of Osterburg. If you want Yew, search forests pretty much anywhere else.
Phlux
It is still far to rare and random in many regards. I gave up crafting as I need large quantities of things i could not find and with no clue as to where to even attempt to find them. Then add in the ridiculously low drop rate of recipes and the randomness of which recipe you get i found that i could not craft anything that i actually wanted. I was not playing for the first few weeks of 100% recipe drops and as a result i still only had 1 recipe drop across all characters.

As things stand now I will wait until there are patch notes specifically regarding gathering and crafting that makes it worth doing. Due to my current schedule and preparing to relocate my play times have landed me in the casual gamer amount of hours played. Currently gathering/ crafting is very much not for casual gamer's. If i were to base the amount of time i would need to actually craft something i want based on current experience i would need to spend several hours a day plus weekends chain killing mobs praying for recipe drops and systematically strip mining every hex over and over hoping for the right material drop.
Isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.
Nihimon
Phlux
… low drop rate of recipes and the randomness of which recipe you get…

Yeah, that's a known problem. I'd been hunting Tailoring Recipes mercilessly, thousands of Bandit and Goblin kills and nothing, when Ryan kindly looked at the charts and said they're not in the drop tables and he'd talk to Stephen about it.
Varrock
Nihimon
Phlux
… low drop rate of recipes and the randomness of which recipe you get…

Yeah, that's a known problem. I'd been hunting Tailoring Recipes mercilessly, thousands of Bandit and Goblin kills and nothing, when Ryan kindly looked at the charts and said they're not in the drop tables and he'd talk to Stephen about it.

LMAO!!
CaptnB
I'm having a really hard time finding Pine too. Any clues as to where to find some would be very much appreciated! (I don't see Osterburg on that map)
JoJampa
Pine is in the wooded hexes N/NW of Rathglen

edit: sometimes I get directionally challenged
Jakaal
Man I'm trying to be a bowyer in the eastern Highlanders area and all I'm finding is pine! Oh for yew!

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post