Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

OE 2.3 Preliminary Release Notes

Bob
These are the Preliminary Release Notes for Open Enrollment v2.3. We deployed a Final Candidate for OE 2.3 to the Test Server on Friday, October 23 and plan to deploy that build to Live during Daily Maintenance on Tuesday, October 27, assuming it performs well during final testing.

What Is In This Release

This release focuses on adding new structures to support Combat Alchemists and adding a rebalanced Seekers from the Citadel escalation to the standard rotation. Multiple other improvements were also made to various systems in order to keep steadily improving the overall player experience.

Full Release Notes

Structures:
  • New structures are available to provide training for Combat Alchemists: Research Center, Combat Alchemist School and Bombing Range. Recipes for these structures drop as loot and there are new default recipes for the required Combat Alchemist Codexes and Codex collections as well.
  • The Visiting Combat Alchemist Trainers at the Keeps in player settlements had their Trainer Levels dropped by one. These levels will continue to drop over future updates and soon those trainers will be removed altogether.

Escalations:
  • Seekers from the Citadel is now part of the standard escalation rotation, and was rebalanced to get through the earlier phases more quickly, to drop more level-appropriate loot in each phase, and for the final boss to provide a more interesting combat challenge.
  • Typo fixed in one of the phase descriptions for Nature’s Wrath.

Miscellaneous:
  • Elite Crusader Slayer achievement description no longer incorrectly says it can’t be earned.

Edit 1: Final Candidate was deployed to the Test Server on Friday, October 23.
Nails
Thanks Bob, nice progress!
Azure_Zero
Thanks for the update Bob.

But where is the Alchemist holding?
Bob
Azure_Zero
But where is the Alchemist holding?

Just the structures for now. Will work on a holding and an adventurer's cottage for a future update.
Bob
Edited the original post to reflect that a Final Candidate was deployed to the Test Server on Friday, October 23. We're still planning on deploying to Live on Tuesday, October 27, during Daily Maintenance, assuming all goes well in final testing. So far testing is going well, but there are still a lot more changes to be double-checked on Monday before we make a final decision on that.
NightmareSr
Are any of the new structures on the test server Bob? I was just curious what they look like.
Going to be very exciting for residents of Cauchemar for sure. smile
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare – cauchemar.pfo@gmail.com
Bob
NightmareSr
Are any of the new structures on the test server Bob?
Not yet, but I'll post an update when I place some during testing tomorrow. Unfortunately, I didn't find any unused art assets this time around that felt right for the Combat Alchemist, but did try to combine appropriate assets from other structures differently enough to make these feel new.
Bob
On Zog, Wolfdale now has a Research Center +5 while Goblinville has a Combat Alchemist School +5 and a Bombing Range +5.
NightmareSr
The Research Center looks cool Bob, but is the hanging sign in front suppose to be blank?
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare – cauchemar.pfo@gmail.com
Bob
NightmareSr
The Research Center looks cool Bob, but is the hanging sign in front suppose to be blank?
I still need to create/repurpose some art for those signs, and since I don't mess with textures very often, there's a bit of a learning/relearning curve to work through. Didn't want to slow things down while I figured all that out, so I left them blank for now.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post