Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Freelook keybinding

NightmareSr
Bob, Would it be possible to somehow make the Freelook function togglable? Most games that I have played where you control a single character in first person or third person function by using the mouse movement to turn the character. I am not sure how difficult the change would be or how much it annoys others but for any new player I think it would help to have the basic controls similar to nearly all other games.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare – cauchemar.pfo@gmail.com
Bob
I take it you mean being able to turn your character by just moving the mouse, as opposed to having to hold down one of the mouse keys while moving the mouse. That would essentially be adding a toggle key that turns the cursor control on and off. It probably wouldn't be too hard to implement a simple version of that, but you'd probably find yourself toggling back and forth quite a lot. That's why you'll find similar control systems on other games that mix a bunch of cursor-based stuff on the screen with the ability to look/move freely, while games that generally only use the cursor for full-screen UI's during times you can't turn anyway will allow turning without pressing a mouse button at the same time. It could be done as an option though. I'll throw in a feature request to consider it when we have time.
NightmareSr
Thanks Bob. I haven't played a ton of games (recently, did more 10-20yrs ago) but the handful I have played recently have had large crafting systems and/or menus to use the mouse on and each have done a bit different. However each has done the mouse movement turns the character then mouse appears when in a menu/inventory. The one game that I liked this aspect the best uses the ctrl key as default for toggling between the mouse shown on screen and the mouse turning the character. Once I realized PFO has the same function I was thrilled but during an escalation my middle finger got sore holding down the right mouse button haha.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare – cauchemar.pfo@gmail.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post