Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

OE 2.4 Preliminary Release Notes

BlackMoria
Hmmm. Is there a community award for the total number of event escalations cleared during the event timeframe?
NightmareSr
Thanks for agreeing Azure, but that comment wasn't from me or any of my alts. I do agree with Balcathor's comments.
So even though I have been playing the game for over 2 years, I still am not "end-game" enough to fully participate in the annual events. Not sure how this is a good plan or enjoyable enough to keep people interested in playing but I'm not a quitter, at least not yet. Since all I have to do is wait to get characters to a higher level it is a bit boring to continue to login and play the game as much as I normally do.
It would be nice to eventually participate in a holiday event where I can do more than mindlessly clear low level escalations and shift my play time to meet up with the Nightstalkers, Bandits or Keepers to try and tag along with their planned activities.
Events like this make it somewhat obvious why we have player retention issues with PFO. smile
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare – cauchemar.pfo@gmail.com
Azure_Zero
@Nightmare
Sorry, I thought Balcathor was one of your alts due to mentioning Cauchemar

@Bob
Nightmare is right this type of thing is one reason WHY we have Zero new player retention.
The majority of this Event is for the End-game Elites, Even my powerful DT characters are not End-game characters with their best refining/crafting skills being at best 15-17, with gathering being at best level 13.
The fact that a large majority of this new content can't be touched by the non-elites is making me not want to continue with this game even more.
That should be a alarm bell, saying maybe you should open the requirements, some like I mentioned.
Bob
OE 2.4 is now on Live! I'll get the official Release Notes posted shortly.
Bob
BlackMoria
Hmmm. Is there a community award for the total number of event escalations cleared during the event timeframe?

I hadn't originally intended to include any, both because I didn't want to overly incentivize clearing the first few easy escalations from as many hexes as possible, and because the rewards for individual escalations have to be pretty low since it's really just the cut each active settlement gets. However, I do want to provide a more direct way for players of all levels to more directly affect the rewards, so I found a way to include every completed escalation from a sequence in the reward calculations.

And yes, those per escalation rewards will sound pretty small, but please keep in mind that we're effectively giving out over 30 times that amount per escalation, since every active settlement gets a share. Plus, while you personally may not get much for each escalation cleared, you'll be getting that same amount for each escalation somebody else clears, and hopefully basking in all that cooperation will be its own reward.
BlackMoria
Is the fallow time between escalations going to be the standard fallow time or the 10 to 15 minutes like in the last Christmas events?

If a hex gets cleared of its sequence, does it go back to the non-event random repopulate of a escalation or will it remain at 'fallow' status until such time as all sequences are cleared or relaunched?
Bob
BlackMoria
Is the fallow time between escalations going to be the standard fallow time or the 10 to 15 minutes like in the last Christmas events?

The fallow time between escalations while a hex is running one of these sequences is around 10 to 15 minutes, just like the last holiday event. I don't have to use exactly that timing when setting up a sequence, it's just a variable I can set depending on what feels right for a particular sequence, but it seems to work well for these events.

BlackMoria
If a hex gets cleared of its sequence, does it go back to the non-event random repopulate of a escalation or will it remain at 'fallow' status until such time as all sequences are cleared or relaunched?

Once a sequence is cleared, the hex goes back to running escalations normally, with the first fallow time based on whatever setting the final escalation had. At least, that's the case until I relaunch the sequences, if all the sequences are cleared before the event ends, and the cycles start again.
harneloot
Hey Bob,

Preliminary data suggests there are two different new gatherable raw materials per monster hex for Pharasmin Crafting, each in a different node type. Can you confirm this? Thanks!
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
Bob
harneloot
Preliminary data suggests there are two different new gatherable raw materials per monster hex for Pharasmin Crafting, each in a different node type. Can you confirm this?

There should be 1 new raw material per node type. They're distributed very similarly to the raw materials from the Home Sweet Home event, though about twice as plentiful.

One of the last-minute bugs I had to fix was that some mats weren't set to appear at both mining and scavenging nodes, so hexes populated with those mats wouldn't drop them if the hex only had mining nodes. Hopefully there weren't some other similar issues that I just didn't find during testing, but most likely they just haven't turned up yet. Rare drops are always subject to the whims of the Great and Powerful Random Number Generator.
Father Bronin
All Hail the Great and Powerful Random Number Generator

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post