Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Blessed Territory

Bob
(For the latest version of the rules in this post see the official thread. This version won't be updated any more and is probably out of date.)

Some unclaimable territory will become claimable in the next update and we're proposing a little auction to distribute the initial building rights. Before making anything official, we'd like feedback from the community on the proposed rules. Read through the following and let us know what you think:

There are currently ten hexes around Fort Inevitable (map and coordinates below) that can’t be claimed because there’s no spot to put a holding in them. With the next update, holdings can be placed in each of those hexes. To avoid a mad rush to do so right after the update is deployed, and to avoid disadvantaging anyone who can’t be online at that time, we’re running an auction to bid on first-week building rights in exchange for Blessings of Pharasma (or for coins, though even a single Blessing will outbid any amount of coins). In addition, each winning bid will receive an optional free teardown of the buildings in another hex (kits and influence normally lost in teardowns will be returned, teardown hex must be owned by the same company that places a holding in the auctioned hex) to make hex exchanges easier.

We’re also extending the timeline for turning Blessings in for Boons at a five-for-one-ish exchange rate until the auction is completed so everyone can hold onto their Blessings and still take full advantage of that offer with any left over after the auction.

Bidders for these building rights must be an active character and must be bidding on behalf of a company/settlement that the character is an owner/leader of. There is no restriction on the number of bidders an individual player can use to submit bids, nor to the number of banner companies a settlement can use. However, the active character, settlement/company and vault must be unique to each bid. To place your bids, send an email to customer.support@pathfinderonline.com before Daily Maintenance on Monday, March 15 listing the following (more detailed template below):

• Your active character and the company/settlement you’re bidding on behalf of, both unique to this bid.
  • The hexes you’re bidding on listed in priority order.
  • The amount of Blessings or coins you’re bidding for each hex. These amounts can be the same across all the hexes, or drop as the hex priority drops, and can even shift from Blessings to coins. For bids in Blessings, also list the maximum amount of backup coins you'd be willing to pay if your bid is automatically reduced below 1 Blessing (i.e. if you'd rather pay 1 Blessing instead of paying more than 1 Silver, but would prefer to pay 1 Silver or less and keep the Blessing, say 1 Silver).
  • A shared vault (owned by a Company or Settlement, not a Personal or Party vault), including the vault’s location, containing enough resources to cover the highest bid in Blessings and the highest bid in coins. No two bidders can share the same vault, and be sure you have sufficient control of the vault to prevent your resources from being removed before the bids are processed.

We strongly suggest that initial bids be emailed a week or so in advance in case any issues need to be corrected. Edits will be accepted right up until the deadline, including changes to bid amounts.

Right after Daily Maintenance on Monday, March 15 we’ll process the bids. First, the highest bid (or, in the case of a tie, a bid chosen randomly from those tied for highest) will be identified and the activity status of the bidding character will be checked. If active, we’ll then verify that there are sufficient resources in the listed vault to cover the highest bid made in each resource. If the resources are there, they’ll be given the building rights to their highest-priority hex, all other bids from that character will be removed from contention, and so will all other bids for that hex. If they’re inactive or lack sufficient resources, all of that character’s bids will be removed from contention. We’ll repeat the process until building rights have been awarded for all ten hexes. We’ll then reduce each winner’s bid to the lowest amount leading to the exact same results even if everyone else’s bids remained the same, with bids in Blessings being reduced to coins if there are no competing bids in Blessings, and all bids reduced to one Copper Coin at minimum.

Finally, we’ll collect the winning bids and post the results. For each hex, the winning company/settlement will be posted, but not the amount paid.

Once the update is deployed, the winners will have one week to place their holding and two weeks to receive their optional free teardown (exact timing to be arranged with a GM). If anyone else places a holding and/or outposts without the winner’s permission before that week is up, we will remove those buildings with GM commands. Once each winner places their holding, their building rights end and their buildings are open to attack under the standard rules.

This map has the hexes we're auctioning off marked as A-J, and here are their coordinates:

• A: -16,15
  • B: -15,14
  • C: -14,14
  • D: -12,15
  • E: -11,15
  • F: -11,16
  • G: -11,17
  • H: -14,19
  • I: -15,18
  • J: -16,18

Please submit all bids using the following sample as a template:
  • Character: Paizo Bob
  • Company/Settlement: A Band of Bidders
  • Vault: A Band of Bidders Company Secure
  • Vault Location: Thornkeep
  • Hexes in Priority Order:
    • E: 3 Blessings (1 Gold backup)
    • A: 3 Blessings (1 Gold backup)
    • F: 1 Blessing (1 Gold backup)
    • B: 1 Gold
    • J: 1 Gold
    • C: 1 Silver
    • D: 1 Copper
    • I: 1 Copper
    • H: None
    • G: None

Questions/Concerns/Comments?

Update 1: Moved deadline to March 15, added an optional free teardown for each winner to facilitate exchanges, allowed bids in Blessings to be reduced to coins if there are no competing bids in Blessings for a particular hex, made clearer that players can use multiple active characters/companies/settlements to make multiple bids, added link to map, added template for submitting bids, and generally cleaned things up a bit.

Update 2: Fixed deadline to be March 15 throughout (it was incorrectly listed as March 1 in one place). Also added a link to the final version at the top with a comment that this version won't be kept up to date after this point.
Bob
And for reference, this handy map has the hexes we'd be auctioning off marked as A-J, and here are their coordinates:

• A: -16,15
  • B: -15,14
  • C: -14,14
  • D: -12,15
  • E: -11,15
  • F: -11,16
  • G: -11,17
  • H: -14,19
  • I: -15,18
  • J: -16,18
NightmareSr
Bidding with Blessings doesn't seem to make sense at all. The blessings aren't something available to everyone so I am not sure why you are making these higher weighted than out bid currency. Why did you choose this method after the holiday event has finished Bob?
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare – cauchemar.pfo@gmail.com
Bob
NightmareSr
Bidding with Blessings doesn't seem to make sense at all. The blessings aren't something available to everyone so I am not sure why you are making these higher weighted than out bid currency. Why did you choose this method after the holiday event has finished Bob?

The Blessings are still available after the event and will remain so. The event slightly increased the odds of getting them since it increased the number of high-end escalations running, but the underlying odds of getting one in an event drop didn't change.

They're also available to everyone, since they have a chance of dropping whenever an Aeon Stone might drop, meaning any time an escalation event counter goes up (tutorial goblin events are the only exception I can think of). Yes, the odds are significantly lower for the lower-end escalations, so lower-level characters don't get as many of them, but the dropoff in odds is actually more generous than the loot odds dropoff in general.

That said, the easiest way to get Blessings is arguably from crafting, and that's restricted to level 20 crafters. On the other hand, that crafting requires pretty rare ingredients, and the Remembrances are again available to anyone, so there's leverage on all sides to argue for each person's share of the resulting Blessings.

The nice thing about Blessings as the primary bidding unit is that they can't have been stockpiled for very long, reducing the advantages of long-established groups in favor of recent activity. However, we still wanted a backup exchange unit and chose coins for simplicity. Rather than trying to set a coin value for Blessings ourselves, which really goes against our player-driven economy, we generally prefer to let players trade with other player for Blessings to use, thus setting their own prices.

Nonetheless, there's a decent chance that all the groups willing to part with Blessings for building rights will band together and thus won't turn in enough bids to cover all the hexes. The rules are actually designed to incentivize that, since enough Blessings to cover the highest bid have to be stored in a single vault, not shared by any other bidders. Every Blessing set aside to make a separate bid risks not winning any bids. Plus, since we'll automatically lower any bids to the least necessary to win that same hex if all other bids remained the same, there's no risk of overbidding by grouping together too much. That should increase the odds that some hexes will still be left over for coin bids, though there's no guarantee of that.
NightmareSr
I suppose the announcement of these Blessings now having a different purpose is just annoying me. Because I didn't care about them at all and now suddenly the hexes closest to my home of Cauchemar are open and dependent on these blessings that I haven't bothered to gather on purpose. The abrupt announcement that the one form of currency I don't have is the thing I now need the most is just very annoying. smile
So, if anyone has Blessings and wants anything I could possibly offer (including stones or Boons) let me know via discord or email or whatever. smile
Bob
Yeah, that was a risk with just about any form of payment unless we put out another update in the meantime with a new item to use. Anything we chose would benefit those who just happened to hoard that particular item. At least the Blessings haven't been building up for years, were already being pulled together for trades, and are available in small enough numbers that everyone can at least guess at how many they might need for a competitive bid. Beyond that, we pretty much have to depend on the free-ish market to balance things out.

And keep in mind, this is still just a proposal. We need to distribute the hexes somehow, and feel this is a good way to do so, but are open to argument. In particular, we're happy to make tweaks, and we could potentially help with any feelings of abruptness by pushing the deadline out a bit. We'd prefer not to put the update out until the distribution is decided though, so we don't want to wait too long.

Azure_Zero
Bob
Yeah, that was a risk with just about any form of payment unless we put out another update in the meantime with a new item to use. Anything we chose would benefit those who just happened to hoard that particular item. At least the Blessings haven't been building up for years, were already being pulled together for trades, and are available in small enough numbers that everyone can at least guess at how many they might need for a competitive bid. Beyond that, we pretty much have to depend on the free-ish market to balance things out.

And keep in mind, this is still just a proposal. We need to distribute the hexes somehow, and feel this is a good way to do so, but are open to argument. In particular, we're happy to make tweaks, and we could potentially help with any feelings of abruptness by pushing the deadline out a bit. We'd prefer not to put the update out until the distribution is decided though, so we don't want to wait too long.

Bob,
we have a Freaking Ton of coin that needs to be removed, I think bidding with coin should be offered, in place of those blessings.

And I believe Hexes A,B, and C should not be auctioned, as they are next to Cauchemar's Core 6, and Nightmare wanted to claimed for the settlement, but could not due to a Bug in those hexes.
malmuerta
Azure_Zero
Bob,
we have a Freaking Ton of coin that needs to be removed, I think bidding with coin should be offered, in place of those blessings.

Perhaps you could read the whole post and see that coins are an accepted currency of bidding.
You are a Troll
This is America Nightmare - the rich get richer and the rest of us just have to suck it!

Everyone (including Bob) already knows who the settlements are that can outbid for the best hexes…however….nobody needs any more hexes at this point except for the new/newish guy like Nightmare (or other new players that we all HOPE will some day magically appear). There had to be a better way of making them available to players/settlements that actually need them rather than this.

I have an idea - why not just hand them all over to Bloodstone Swords and be done with it? smile
NightmareSr
I don't often agree with You are a Troll but that was a good post. smile

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post