Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Unusable tiny display

meerling
For some reason it's now a window a couple of inches on a side, smaller than a postcard.
It was supposed to be fullscreen.
Can't change it back to fullscreen.(tried alt+enter, no go, and no title bar either.)
Can't use menus, too small, and doesn't seem to be targeting mouse properly either.

Can't find an ini or settings file to see if settings got changed with the update, so no idea if that has anything to do with it.

Suggestions?
Jazzlvraz
Every time this issue shows up, someone posts that you need to use Regedit to remove the last of the PFO keys.

From the other boards:

Thod
Step 1: goto the windows taskbar and type in 'regedit'

Step 2: You are looking for HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Goblinworks -> Pathfinder

Step 3: You will find several setting there. Delete them all. The game will generate new keys for you
Jeffmorse
Thanks had same problem
Ryan Dancey
Make a new shortcut to Pathfinder. (e.g. drag from start menu to desktop)
Right click on your new link, choose "Properties"
The "Target" field should be "C:\<blah blah blah>\Pathfinder.exe".
Add " -quality fast" to the end. So it'll be: "C:\<blah blah blah>\Pathfinder.exe" -quality fast
(note where the quote symbols are - they're necessary)
Click OK
Click this link to start the program. (Note that this will bypass the Patcher, so once you get
it running, don't use this link anymore just use the Patcher link.)
Hedrik Holiday
Ooooooo! Are there any other superfinecool command-line options?!
Kitsune
Hedrik Holiday
Ooooooo! Are there any other superfinecool command-line options?!

Yeah, -popupwindow is actually kinda neat.
Locke
What is in the popup? Chat? Achievements? Map?

Is there documentation of the command line switches somewhere?
Locke
Ryan Dancey

Add " -quality fast" to the end. So it'll be: "C:\<blah blah blah>\Pathfinder.exe" -quality fast
(note where the quote symbols are - they're necessary)
I tried this fix for the other issue of blue costumes. It works for 3 seconds (1001, 1002, 1003) and then goes to blue.

New ASUS computer, 8GD, i5-4440 @ 3.10 , NVIDIA 760 with 2 GB memory, display at not highest resolution (1768 x 992) as I have enough trouble with font size at this level.

So, what level do I reduce quality to?
JoJampa
Actually I think you have to raise the quality for the blue costumes. Simple seems to correct it for most.
Kitsune
Locke
What is in the popup? Chat? Achievements? Map?

Is there documentation of the command line switches somewhere?

It just puts PFO in a borderless window that you can't close, minimize, etc. - it's really nothing terribly useful, but I'm sure that some random person might find some random use for it someday. *shrug*

No, there's no documentation anywhere. The client does accept only a few command-line switches that I can tell. All of them that I'm aware of are relative to graphics and window settings - stuff that you can do otherwise normally. Such as the height/width of the window, or what quality settings you want. I think most of this you can edit your Registry and change anyway.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post